Staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel is a unique experience. One of the reasons is the immersive theme of the resort hotel and your accommodations.
Disneyland has 3 Hotels on property that are owned and operated by Disney. Unlike Walt Disney World, there are no other hotels on property, however there are many just off property within easy walking distance.
The Disneyland Hotels all have an individual theme that ties in with the Disney characters or the location, theme, or era the resort is portraying. You’ll have no question that you are in a Disney Resort.
The Disney Look
Walt Disney was a stickler for details, and theming at the Disneyland Hotels runs from the most grand, down to the smallest detail.
When strolling around the Disneyland Hotels, be sure to soak up the atmosphere. The look, feel, and music/sounds all reflect the theme of the individual hotel. For example, look around your hotel room, do you see any hidden Mickeys?
What’s a Hidden Mickey? It is the traditional shape of the Mickey Mouse icon (three circles, one head and two ears) hidden in plain sight by Disney’s Imagineers for you to discover.
You’ll find the above type of detail and more in most places around Disneyland if you take the time to look.
There are three on property Disneyland hotels, the Grand Californian Hotel, the Disneyland Hotel, and the Paradise Pier Hotel.
Disneyland does not classify their hotels like Walt Disney World does, i.e. Value, Moderate, and Deluxe as the distinctions that set the Florida Resorts apart are more blurred here in California. From cheapest to most expensive is a good way to rank the hotels, which not surprisingly corresponds to their ease of commute to the theme parks and/or proximity to Downtown Disney. They are:
- Paradise Pier Hotel, the cheaper and least convenient option
- Disneyland Hotel, the middle of the road
- Grand Californian Hotel, the closest to the action and most expensive
Let Military Disney Tips’ Recommended Travel Agent assist you with your Disneyland Hotel reservation at no additional cost.
Also See these Related Resort Posts:
- Disneyland Resort Hotels
- Disneyland Resort Guest Benefits
- Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort Categories and Room Types
- Military Disney Tips Tested and Approved Resorts
- Top Ten Things You Should Know About The Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts
- Top 8 Reasons to Use An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!