News for 2021 & 2022:
- Shades of Green Guests Eligible for Disney World Early Entry & Extended Evening Hours
- Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World Resumes Discounts for 2022
- Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer
- Disneyland 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Offer
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
PhotoPass and Memory Maker are Disney’s two programs with witch you can have Disney’s professional photographers document your Disney World Vacation.
2020 Disney’s Military Discount on Magic Maker & PhotoPass+
|Walt Disney World and Disneyland are again offering military discounts on WDW Memory Maker and Disneyland PhotoPass+ for 2019 and 2020!
PhotoPass+ and Memory Maker are Disney’s two programs with witch you can have Disney’s professional photographers document your Disney World Vacation.
Disney is offering a huge discount on these photo services, Memory Maker at Walt Disney World and PhotoPlus+ Package at the Disneyland Resort.
Almost everywhere you go in the Disney theme parks, you’ll see Disney PhotoPass Photographers. They are stationed at all of the best, most scenic locations at which you can have your picture taken, for example in front of Cinderella Castle or with France and the Eifel Tower in the background at Epcot’s World Showcase.
They are also at some of the character meals (Chef Mickey’s, Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, Tusker House breakfast, ‘Ohana breakfast, 1900 Park Fare, and Spirit of Aloha dinner show), and at Character Meet and Greets.
Many thrill rides also have automatic cameras to capture your reactions to the most thrilling part of the ride in photo or video form.
Taking the photos is a free service, you can decide later if you want to purchase the photos. Just have your Magic Band or park ticket scanned to identify who you are and get your picture taken.
You can then review your photos online using your My Disney Experience account or the PhotoPass/Memory Maker sites.
As mentioned many Disney theme park rides snap photos of you at exciting moments, such as plunging down a hill. Those wearing magic bands don’t need to do a thing, your pics will end up in your PhotoPass account. Those without Magic Bands can scan their ticket to claim the pictures as theirs..
How purchasing pictures works
The two systems work exactly the same when you are on vacation, the difference is that Memory Maker is a prepaid package, while PhotoPass is an a la carte, pay by the picture after the fact system.
Memory Maker, which replaced PhotoPass+ costs $149 for the package if you order at least 3 days before your vacation ($199 within 3 days). You can do this through your My Disney Experience account or the Memory Maker site. For this price you’ll receive unlimited digital downloads of all the pictures that you had taken on your vacation for up to 45 days afterwards, a CD backup can be purchased for an extra fee.
With PhotoPass you can download any of the pictures that you select, which were taken of you on your vacation. You’ll pay $14.95 each photo though.
With these prices, if you think you’ll want to buy more than 11 pictures you will be better off going with the Memory Maker. We’ve never had that many taken on a trip though.
Using PhotoPass/Memory Maker in the parks
When you see a Disney Photographer, just hand him your ticket or hav them scan your Magic Band. That’s it! Soon after they take the picture it will be available online in your My Disney Experience account. Photos at character meet and greets or breakfasts work the same way.
For rides that have a photo or video, you will see a kiosk at the exit where you can preview the image. Those without Magic Bands will have to hold their ticket up to the scanner to claim their image. Magic Band wearers don’t need to do anything, the ride knows what ride vehicle you were in and will put the image into your account.
What is My Disney Experience?
My Disney Experience – (MDE) is a new section of the Disney.com website. It is your area to manage all of your Disney vacation reservations and planning.
You will need a free Disney.com account to use My Disney Experience.
Reservations – MDE has the ability to:
- Make and store your Disney World Resort Reservations
- Make and store your Disney World Advance Dining Reservations
- Make and store your FastPass Plus Reservations
- Purchase general public priced Disney World tickets.
- Link and manage your Disney World tickets or passes to your MDE Account (this is required to use FP+)
- Link and manage your Disney World Magic Bands
- Link to your Disney PhotoPass Account
Planning – MDE has convenient links to all other parts of the Disney World site where you can:
- Find things to do – Learn about and explore Disney World
- Plan your vacation – Suggestions with links on things you’ll want to plan for each day of your vacation. Like FP+, Dining, Shows, and Character Greetings
- Once you link your tickets and reservations to your account, your Disney Resort hotel and dining reservations will appear in your plans. You’ll even be able to add your own reminder notes.
MDE App – there is even a MDE iPhone app with which you can do many of the same functions on the go.
Those not staying with Disney can buy Magic Bands for 12.95 plus tax upon arrival at WDW at most Disney gift shops or online from the Disney Store.
You can then link them to your My Disney Experience account and use them for FastPass Plus and have you park ticket linked as well. Shades of Green guests fall n this category.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!