The Shades of Green Resort is an Armed Forces Recreation Center Resort located on Walt Disney World property near Orlando Florida.
Does Shades of Green Participate In Disney World’s Magic Band Program?
No, Shades of Green is not a Disney owned resort, rather it is a DoD facility.
Shades’ reservation system would need to be connected to Disney’s in order for this to work.
What does this mean for you?
- Shades of Green Guests may only make their FastPass Plus reservations 30 days prior to the desired day
- Shades Guests are not given free Magic Bands at Check In
Buying your Magic Bands
As mentioned above, you may buy your own Magic Bands for 12.95 plus tax. You may do so from most Disney World gift shops once you arrive or ahead of time online from the Disney Store.
What can you use your purchased bands for?
First you must link them to your My Disney Experience account. Then you can:
- Use the Band as your Park Ticket (if you’ve linked your ticket to My Disney Experience)
- Use your Band for your FastPass Plus reservations
What you can’t do with your purchased Magic Bands:
- Charge Disney World purchases to your Shades of Green room
- Use your Band as your room key
Disney's My Magic Plus LinksMy Disney Experience MIlitary Ticket Linking
Disney’s New Tech Intro
All You Need To Know About FastPass+ For the Military Traveler
Military FastPass Plus Ticket Options for Disney World
Waiting On Your Walt Disney World FastPass Plus Window To Open (what you'll see in your account)
Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
FastPass Plus for Shades of Green Guests
Memory Maker and PhotoPass
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
See all the current Shades of Green Discounts and Packages
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages.
Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Links to Everything Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See our:
Learn about the Disney Armed Forces Salute the best military discount that there is for Disney. For where to stay see our Resorts/Hotel Overview Page. Disney doesn’t discount dining for the military, but there are a few places on property that do, see the Dining Overview Page to learn where plus more dining info. You can also learn about Transportation Options. Be sure to check out our Technology Overview to learn about Magic Bands and My Disney Experience to see how they work with military tickets. Walt Disney World visitors might be interested in staying at Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort.