News for 2021:
- Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer
- Disneyland 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Offer
- Walt Disney World – One Step Closer to Normal
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Shades of Green guests can participate in many of the same benefits that Walt Disney World Resort guests can.
But only in a limited fashion!
Because Shades of Green is not a Disney owned hotel and is not part of the Disney reservation system and Magic Bands will not be provided free of charge by Disney.
What are Magic Bands?
Magic Bands are Walt Disney World’s new all in one RFID “Key to the World.”
If you are staying at a Walt Disney World owned resort your Magic Band acts as your room key, theme park ticket, room charge device, resort access (parking, pool, etc.), FastPass Plus ticket, and PhotoPass ID.
Are Magic Bands Useful for Shades of Green Guests?
Absolutely! Every time that I stay at Shades of Green I wear mine.
While I can’t use it for my room key or charging purchases to my room, I can still use it as my theme park ticket, FastPass Return ticket, and PhotoPass/Memory Maker token.
I find this to be much more convenient than having to pull my physical ticket out of my wallet every time that I need it.
In fact, any time I’m at a non-Disney resort (such as Shades of Green, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, or even off property) I still sport my Magic Band!
Buy Online and Link to Your Account
If you’re staying at a non-Disney World resort and would still like to use Magic Bands here is what to do.
If you have Bands from a previous trip, you don’t need to do a thing. Your old bands will still work with your new tickets (just link the tickets)!
But if you do not yet have your own you can buy them from the Disney Store online.
Once they arrive you’ll link them to each person in your My Disney Experience account and be ready to roll on arrival. Note: you must also link your tickets to each person.
Magic Bands come in several basic colors and many (more expensive) special designs.
NEW: The Shades of Green Ticket Office can link the tickets that you buy from them to your pre-purchased Magic Bands for you!
You can also buy Magic Bands after you arrive from most WDW merchandise shops.
Linking your Magic Bands is easy!
- Simply log into your my Disney Experience account
- Hover over My Disney Experience
- Then click on Magic Bands and Cards
- Scroll to the bottom where you’ll see:
Don’t See a Purchased MagicBand? If you purchase a MagicBand and don’t do in-store set-up, you’ll need to link the MagicBand ID Number to your account.
- Click on Link
- On the next page click on Magic Band (there are other linkable options on the page like resort or dining reservations)
- On this page you’ll enter the number off of the back of your magic band
- You are now all set!
Now Over To You
What are your thoughts on using Magic Bands at a non-Disney resort like Shades of Green? Tell us in the comments below.
Note: the Disney Store links in this post are affiliate links
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!