Special Info for these Crazy Times:
- 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute What About Tickets?
- 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Info
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened See these Posts to see what's different!
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Central Florida can be very hot and muggy in the summer! Almost all Disney planners recommend a mid-day break from the theme parks to go back to the room and recharge your batteries.
We always do this if we are at WDW in the summer.
Some people hate to leave the parks once they are there, but being there from early in the morning until closing has been known to make not only children, but seasoned NCOs cry. Summertime hours in the parks can run from 8AM the 11PM or later. That’s just too much to take at one time.
So, sometime after having lunch in the park bail out and head back to your room. Get out of your very sweaty clothes, hit the pool, or just get a nap. I recommend both!
Then put on dry clothes and head on back to the park. You’ll have a decisive edge on those who have stayed there to tough it out.
The only down side of this strategy is that wearing two full sets of clothes per day you’ll accumulate laundry at an increased rate.
So unless you packed for a month you’ll need to do laundry sometime during your stay.
Shades of Green has two laundry rooms, one in each of the guest wings. Both have all you need to get the job done.
Washers, Dryers, and the soap machines take credit and debit cards as well as ApplePay.
Each laundry room has soda and snack machines, a TV, microwave, plus chairs to wait on.
The last time we used the laundry room at Shades, Dad took the kids to the pool and Mom had some quiet time in the laundry room. Sounds odd but after a hectic morning with the kids in the parks she enjoyed the quite of being by herself with a good book.
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!