Shades of Green Guests have several transportation options available to them to get to Walt Disney World’s theme parks.
Shades of Green has its own fleet of Buses which transport Shades guests to Disney’s theme parks, water parks, and the Transportation and Ticket Center.
Guests can also walk from Shades of Green to Disney’s Polynesian Resort and catch the Resort Monorail for the Magic Kingdom or to the Transportation and Ticket Center where they can transfer to the Epcot Monorail.
While the walk to the Poly isn’t too bad, about 10 minutes, it can be very hot in the Orlando summer heat.
Guests can cut this walk in half by taking the Shady Shuttle to the edge of Shades of Green’s property.
Just stop by the bellman’s station located outside the lobby front door and ask for a lift in the Shady Shuttle.
The bellhops will drive you to the end of Shades’ driveway, where you can cross the street and follow the path to the Polynesian’s lobby and monorail station.
NOTE: As of October 2021, both golf carts are “broken” and no replacements have yet been received.
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Why Stay at Shades of Green?
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- How to make reservations at Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Resort Activities and Amenities
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
- Shades of Green Fact Sheet and FAQ
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!