Directions from Shades of Green to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort with Pictures!
UPDATE: 1 May 2023 – Sadly this walking path has closed permanently!
Shades of Green is located within walking distance of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. It’s about a half mile or a ten or fifteen minute walk.
From the Polynesian you can take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, the Transportation and Ticket Center (to transfer to the Epcot monorail) or Walt Disney World buses to other destinations, or to visit other Magic Kingdom Monorail Resorts.
You can also dine at the many fine restaurants at the Polynesian.
Below is a map overview of the walking route from Shades of Green to the Polynesian’s Great Ceremonial House. As mentioned the entire route is roughly a half mile (0.54) and takes 10-20 minutes to walk depending on your speed..
Note Shades of Green’s Shady Shuttle will take you to the property’s edge if it is available, to save you some walking. The drop-off point is at picture #5. The walk is only .18 miles from where the Shady Shuttle drops you. On your return you can call the Shades of Green Bellhops to pick you up there if they are availablr. Call when ready to leave the Poly to coordinate a pickup time. Tips are suggested!
After exiting Shades of Green’s lobby, turn left and follow the sidewalk down the hill between the road and parking lot.
Cross the entrance to the parking lot and you’ll see the view in the Location #1 picture.
Proceed along the sidewalk towards the guard shack, until you come to the gate at Location #2 picture.
Push the button to exit the gate. There will be an ID check on your return.
Past the gate you will see the Polynesian’s Great Ceremonial House in the distance as seen from Location #3. That’s your destination.
Location #4 is nearing the edge of Shades of Green’s property. The cement area to the right is where the Shady Shuttle will drop you if you catch a ride.
Leaving Shades of Green Property
Cross the street here at Location #5. Be careful! This is a busy roadway.
Follow the sidewalk to the left after crossing the road. Location #6.
The path will turn to the right and you’ll see the view from Location #7
Up the slight hill you’ll come to an intersection. Take the left path. Location #8
As you turn to the left at #8 you’ll see the view from #9.
Go to the end of the building to your right and turn right. Location #10
As you turn you’ll see the view from #11.
Walk straight ahead with the marina on your left and enter the Great Ceremonial House, Location #12
There is an alternate path to the door without stairs. From Location #12 there is a sidewalk to the right up the slight hill. This goes to the end of the building you see to the right in pic 11. It also doubles back to the door pictured in 12.
When you enter the building follow the hall to the lobby.
You’ll need to head to the second floor of the lobby to get to the monorail station. There are 2 stairways and an elevator. The elevator is across the lobby from where you entered, right by the stairs.
This is a great way to get over to the Polynesian to have access to the shops and dining options there or the monorail to access other monorail resorts or the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
Over to you
Have you taken this walk? What are your thoughts?
Let us know in the comments section below!See All My Posts About Walking at Disney World:
- Walking at Walt Disney World Overview
- Walk Between Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Walk between Disney's Contemporary Resort / Bay Lake Tower and the Magic Kingdom
- Walk between Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa and the Magic Kingdom
- Walk Between Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and the Transportation and Ticket Center
- Walk Between Disney's Hollywood Studios and the EPCOT Resort Area
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Why Stay at Shades of Green?
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- How to make reservations at Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Resort Activities and Amenities
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
- Shades of Green Fact Sheet and FAQ
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!