Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Disneyland Finally Scheduled to Reopen
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- 2021 Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute Ticket Announcement
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
Shades of Green, the Armed Forces Recreation Center at Walt Disney World offers free bus transportation to and from destinations on WDW property.
This is a great convenience for those staying there.
(Updates Oct 2019)
The reason for the ID check is Unauthorized riders.
Unfortunately, in years past there were those who took advantage of free daytime parking lot parking at Shades of Green in order to skip the pricey WDW parking fees at the theme park lots.
These people would drive to Shades of Green and tell the security guard they were there to buy tickets from the ticket office, or that they were visiting one of the golf courses. Then they’d then park in the lot and take the Shades of Green bus to one of the theme parks.
This became a problem for Shades of Green’s paying guests due to the volume of unauthorized people on the buses. This extended waits for those guests that the buses were intended for.
To combat this Shades of Green instituted a dual ID policy in order to ride their buses.
ID’s Required to Ride Shades of Green’s Bus Fleet:
- Shades of Green Resort ID
- Military ID, Photo ID for sponsored guests
You must show your resort ID card and Military ID card before boarding the bus. You can use 1 resort ID for up to 5 guests staying in the same room. If you are not the sponsor, your guest will be required to show their resort ID and photo ID. All guests 18 and up must show a valid military or state issued photo ID.
Kids ages 15-17 are only required to show their resort ID. No ID is required for kids age 14 or under.
When you check in you will be issued a paper Resort ID for everyone in your party, which is valid for your length of stay. Make sure you have these with you when heading out for the day!
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!