Shades of Green Resort, the Armed Forces Recreation Center Resort located right on Walt Disney World property Operates its own independent Bus Service.
Shades of Green provides free bus service to all 4 Walt Disney World Theme Parks, Disney Springs, and the Disney Water Parks.
A military ID and Shades of Green Resort ID are required to ride on these buses.
This page will show you the locations of the various Shades of Green bus stops at the Disney World theme parks. They are not in the same places as Disney’s bus stops, they are further away.
There are 4 Bus Lines that run from the Shades of Green bus stop located on the lower level at the front of the resort.
The 4 bus lines are:
- Transportation and Ticket Center (the Magic Kingdom & Epcot via monorail)
- Animal Kingdom and Blizzard Beach
- Hollywood Studios
- Downtown Disney & Typhoon Lagoon
The Transportation and Ticket Center line runs every 20 minutes, while the rest run every 30 minutes. See the schedule.
Disney World’s Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC)
You’ll need to take the bus to the TTC from Shades of Green in order to get to the Magic Kingdom or EPCOT
The Transportation and Ticket Center was the original arrival location for the Magic Kingdom and then Epcot when it opened. Originally envisioned as the transportation hub for the “World” it still functions partially in that capacity.
Guests may obtain Monorail service to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot and Ferry Boat service to the Magic Kingdom here.
Disney Resort buses used to drop their guests destined for the Magic Kingdom here, but as the number of resorts increased so did the volume of people and a Disney bus stop closer to the Magic Kingdom was created. This stop is only for Disney resort guests, Shades of Green buses still arrive at the TTC.
The Shades of Green Bus Stop at the TTC is at the Non-Disney Bus/Ride Hire Area in the pic above.
Here is a ground level pic of the bus stop. You’ll cross on the diagonal crosswalk to and from the bus stop. The red poles indicate the various bus stops. There is no cover for rainy weather and at busy times you will need to line up at the stop. The Shades of Green bus stop is the first one by the light pole.
After arriving at the TTC you will need to board the EPCOT Monorail line to get to EPCOT and one of the Magic Kingdom Monorail lines or the Ferry Boat to get to the Magic Kingdom.
At the Animal Kingdom the Shades of Green Bus Stop is a very small covered are in the non-Disney bus area. This very small covered area is shared with anyone riding a bus that is not Disney’s.
The bus stop is in the opposite direction from Disney’s when leaving the front gate.
It is a .19 mile walk to the front gate.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
A few Years ago in conjunction with the Disney Skyliner construction, Disney created a brand new Bus Depot at Hollywood Studios. This depot serves all Disney and commercial buses/shuttles. Disney’s spots are of course the closer ones and the non-Disney further away.
Disney’s Bus Stops are under the first 3 covered areas and Shades of Green’s is under the 4th. It is a .27 mile walk to the front gate.
Thats it for this Shades Bus Stop Post. Feel Free to ask questions in the comment section below!
Also see my other Transportation Posts:
- Transportation Overview Page
- Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) Overview Page
- Walk between Shades of Green and Disney's Polynesian Village Resort
- Walk Between Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Walk between Disney's Contemporary Resort / Bay Lake Tower and the Magic Kingdom
- Walk between Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa and the Magic Kingdom
- Walk Between Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and the Transportation and Ticket Center
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!