All adults returning to Shades of Green via their fleet of busses will have to show either a military ID or their Shades room key or resort ID along with a photo ID card; military ID cards are preferred.
Day use of the resort and its amenities-such as the spa, restaurants, tickets, and AAFES- is still allowed and encouraged by those eligible to stay at Shades (but not staying there).
Shades of Green notes that an ID check for the walking path onto Shades of Green property will be started in the near future.
They also said that the motivation for these decisions has been and always will be to maintain the safety of the Shades of Green guests and employees. The safety of you and your family is always their priority.
Other Shades News
Both the AAFES Store and the Java Cafe which had closed for remodeling have re opened.
There seems to be a lot more Disney souvenirs in the Shades AAFES Store now.
Work continues on the Magnolia pool renovation, the planned reopening is in the fall.
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Why Stay at Shades of Green?
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!