Everyone who is eligible to stay at Shades of Green, the Military Resort at Walt Disney World can sponsor extra rooms for family and friends!
The Shades of Green Resort is an Armed Forces Recreation Center Resort located right on Walt Disney World property near Orlando Florida.
Sponsoring a room means allowing family and friends to stay at Shades of Green at the same low rates even though they are not eligible to stay there on their own.
Each eligible individual may sponsor up to 2 rooms in addition to their own for a total of 3 under their name. In addition, the member’s spouse may sponsor up to 2 rooms in addition to their own for a total of 3 under their name. This brings the total of rooms you may reserve to 6.
This is a great option for family reunions, group vacations, or taking non-military friends along on your Disney vacation!
Those being sponsored will receive a resort ID for room charges and resort access (with a picture ID).
Restrictions and Rules
When sponsoring a room the following conditions apply:
- You (the sponsor) must be a registered guest at Shades of Green
- You agree to be responsible for your guests
- You must accompany your guest at time of check in. Sponsored guest will not be authorized to check in without the sponsor being present
- A Military ID is required at check-in. The sponsor must be present during check-in and will need to present their Military ID to verify their eligibility.
- Sponsored guest reservations must check in on the same day and must depart before or on the same day as your reservation
- You accompany your guests while purchasing attraction tickets
- Your guests must follow the rules of the resort
Note: During the Holidays (Christmas & New Year’s) only the 3 rooms per military sponsor are allowed. The spouse’s extra 3 are not available at that time.
All adults including the eligible member, spouses, and sponsored guests will be issued a Shades of Green Resort ID card upon check in.
Like all of the Walt Disney World owned resorts, Shades of Green’s entry drive has a security shack. This one is manned by DoD Security not Disney Security. Guests arriving at the shack who state that they are going to Shades of Green will be asked to present a Military ID. Sponsored guests will present their Resort ID and a photo ID. Guests who state that they are going to the Disney’s Palm and Magnolia Golf Courses (which share the driveway and security shack) will be asked to present a photo ID like at the Disney resorts.
It is possible to walk from Shades of Green to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and destinations further on within walking distance. Shades of Green has a keycard gate across the sidewalk and those entering are supposed to show the gate guard their ID.
Sponsored guests can use the Shades of Green busses and enter the resort property without the sponsor being present. They just need to show the resort ID and a photo ID.
Shades of Green Resort Amenities
Those you sponsor are eligible to enjoy all of Shades of Green’s great amenities either with you or on their own.
- Shades of Green’s AAAFES General Store (a military ID is required to purchase alcohol and tobacco)
- Shades of Green’s Restaurants
- Shades of Green’s Magnolia Spa
- Shades of Green’s Pools
- Shades of Green’s Fitness Center
Those sponsored may also buy tickets (based on individual ticket rules*) at Shades of Green’s Ticket Office. The sponsor need’s to be there for all purchases.
* Sone tickets require a military ID for use. (Disney’s Armed Forces Salute & Universal’s Freedom Pass)
Have any Comments or Questions?
Just let me know in the comment section below!
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Why Stay at Shades of Green?
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Shades of Green Resort Activities and Amenities
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
- Shades of Green Fact Sheet and FAQ
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!