- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
- News On Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Sales
- Shades of Green Won't Reopen Until 12 August
- 2020 Disney World Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Extension Update
- Disney Extending Expiration Dates on Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets!
- Walt Disney World Re-Opening Military FAQ
Recently Disney made a surprise announcement that they would begin charging Walt Disney World Resort Guests for the privilege of parking their car while staying at their WDW Resort.
This came as a shock to the WDW fan community, as parking at the Resorts had been free for the last 47 years (since 1971).
Disney says that ”This change is to bring their Florida hotels more in line with industry standards. Disney Springs Resort Area Hotels, the Swan & Dolphin, Universal Orlando on-property hotels, and most Orange County Convention Center area-hotels charge for overnight parking.”
Disney World Resort Parking Rates
Standard Overnight Parking charges per Resort Category:
Disney Value Resorts: $13 per night
Disney Moderate Resorts: $19 per night
Disney Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resorts: $24 per night
DVC Members will not be charged for standard overnight self-parking when staying at a DVC Deluxe Villa, regardless of whether they use vacation points or another form of payment. Members also will not be charged to park when using vacation points to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel.
Complimentary standard self-parking is available while enjoying “select” dining, shopping, entertainment, and recreation experiences at Disney Resort hotels. No word yet from Disney as to whet these select experiences are!
Disney World also increased rates for Valet Parking from $20 to $33 per night.
Tables in Wonderland discount card – Disney Resort hotel valet services and Disney Springs valet services are complimentary to Tables in Wonderland members, for the sole purpose of dining at one of the participating Resort hotel or Disney Springs restaurants.
A Bad Omen
Many fear that this news is a very bad omen for things to come.
The Star Wars expansion of Disney Hollywood Studios is expected to draw unprecedented volumes of people to WDW! Disney has had to make huge capital investments in new Resorts and infrastructure and needs to make it back.
Recently experts in the civil Disney fan community have begun to express worry about general public discounts for 2019.
The new parking fees, variable military room discounts in 2018, anticipated multi-day seasonal ticket pricing, and postulated lack of general pubic room discounts all add up to a bad environment.
What do you think?
Will you continue to drive to WDW and pay the Resort Parking Fees?
What do you think the future holds?
Let us know in the comment section below!
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!