Special Info for these Crazy Times:
- 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute What About Tickets?
- 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Info
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened See these Posts to see what's different!
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
The Animal Kingdom Lodge is a Unique property, offering views of African animals right from your room’s balcony.
Note: This Disney World Resort has not yet reopened after its 2020 closure! But the co-located DVC section of the resort has.
The Animal Kingdom Lodge is a joint property. It is both a Disney World Resort and a Disney Vacation Club property.
The original Animal Kingdom Lodge is called Jambo House, it is the original building and contains all of the Resort rooms as well as some DVC villas. The second newer building is called Kindani Village and is entirely comprised of DVC villas.
Read more about Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas the DVC Resort.
The majority of rooms in either building have views of the Lodge’s savannas, areas where African animals live. You’ll enjoy watching animals such as giraffes and zebras right outside your balcony window.
The Animal Kingdom Lodge and Villas is themed after East African hunting lodges.
- Standard View: $434 – $759 – sleeps up to 4 with 2 queen beds or 1 queen bed and 1 bunk bed or 1 king bed and 1 day bed
- Standard View King: $451 – $776 – sleeps up to 2 with 1 king ked
- Pool View: $469 – $799 – sleeps up to 4 with 2 queen beds or 1 king bed or 1 king bed and 1 day bed
- Pool View Bunk Bed: $489 – $816 – sleeps up to 4 with 1 queen bed and 1 bunk bed
- Savanna View: $623 – $1006 – sleeps up to 4 with 2 queen beds or 1 king bed and 1 day bed
- Savanna View King: $640 – $1023 – sleeps up to 2 with 1 king bed
- Savanna View Club Level: $780 – $1258 – sleeps up to 4 with 2 queen beds or 1 queen bed and 1 bunk bed or 1 king bed and 1 day bed
- Savanna View King Club Level: $796 – $1275 – sleeps up to 4 with 1 king bed and 1 day bed
- Various Suites 1 – 2 Bedroom: $1262 – $3501 – Sleeps up to 8
Listed nightly prices are for 2021 and include sales tax and are rounded to the nearest dollar. They do not factor in any military discount as these are based on availability. Prices subject to Change by Disney.
Disney Deluxe Resort
|Military Discounts of up to 40% off are available at Disney Deluxe Resorts. Military Members are eligible to receive this discount using the Disney Armed Forces Salute|
Boma, Flavors of Africa – B$$ D$$$ – Buffet Service – African and American all you can eat buffet, featuring salads, roasted meats, and interesting sauces.
Jiko, The Cooking Place – D $$$$ – Table Service – One of Disney World’s premier restaurants (an AAA’s Four Diamond Award winner). Specialties include wood-fired flatbreads; a trio of dips with house-made naan (Indian flatbread); oak-grilled filet mignon with red-wine sauce and sweet-corn risotto.
Sanaa – LD $$ – Table Service – Indian-African cuisine featuring Tandoori meats, grilled lamb, and steak.
The Mara – BLD $ – Quick Service – A typical Disney Resort Food Court with various stations. Sandwiches, Pitas, Flatbreads, and Salads. Mobile Ordering Available.
Victoria Falls Lounge
Uzima Pool Bar
Maji Pool Bar
Animal Viewing (Day and Night) – Discover over 30 species of African wildlife, including zebras, giraffes, gazelles, kudu and flamingos, from your room or common areas. At night enjoy the night vision goggle animal viewing.
Two Pools – Uzima and Samawati Springs
Uzima Pool – The Jambo House pool with water slide and 2 Hot Tubs – Enjoy a 11,000-square-foot pool with an exciting water slide and gently sloping, zero-depth entry point similar to that of a natural watering hole. Surrounded by large canopy trees and Floridian palms.
Samawati Springs Pool – located just a short walk away at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani! Featuring an exciting 128-foot waterslide and zero-depth-entry, this 4,700-square-foot, 118,138-gallon pool is the perfect place to cool off and have fun.
Hot Tubs – Both pool areas have a hot tub.
Kiddy Pools – Both pool areas include a children’s wading pool.
Bus transportation is available to all Disney World guest areas
Water Play Area – Uwanja Camp; the Samawati Springs pool area also includes Uwanja Camp, a water playground with 3 distinct zones to please kids of all ages. At Observation Station, children 4 years of age and younger can climb through cargo crates, unscramble animal images and frolic through a gently bubbling geyser and shallow cistern pool—while their parents watch from nearby.
Playground – Hakuna Matata Playground. Kids can monkey around at this 24-hour playground overlooking the flamingo area and savanna.
Jambo House Campfire Activities – Gather ‘round as the sun goes down for old-fashioned family fun as you roast marshmallows by a crackling fire.
Arcade – Pumbaa’s Fun and Games Arcade, conquer classic arcade games and popular video games at this arcade near The Mara café.
Guest Laundry – Enjoy 24-hour self-service laundry rooms, as well as dry cleaning and valet laundry services.
Fitness Center – Service your spirit at Zahanati Massage & Fitness Center, a workout facility featuring equipment, massages and more.
An Animal Kingdom Area Resort
Bus transportation is available to all Disney World guest areas.
These are some of the most isolated resorts at WDW. They are the furthest form most of the theme parks (except Animal Kingdom) and only have bus transportation.
|This Disney Resort Hotel is a Military Disney Tips Favorite Resort!|
The AKL is probably the most special setting of all the Disney Resorts! Savanna views right outside your room window are not to be missed! We’ve spent hours sitting on the balcony watching the animals.
The Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Lodges are the most economical of the Deluxe Resorts. This is due to their remoteness and total reliance on Disney bus transportation to all points on property versus the options other Deluxe Resorts have (Monorail, boat, walking).
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Disney Resorts Tested by MDT
- How do Disney Deluxe Resorts Compare to Shades of Green?
- How do Disney Resorts compare to Shades of Green in price?
- Split Your Stay between Disney Resorts, Shades of Green, or Others
- WDW Room View Categories, Do They Really Matter?
Get a Quote Now
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!