News for 2021:
- Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer
- Disneyland 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Offer
- Walt Disney World – One Step Closer to Normal
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Port Orleans Riverside is themed on the Mississippi River communities in Antebellum Louisiana.
Note: This Disney World Resort has not yet reopened after its 2020 closure!
The Port Orleans Resort is actually two different, physically separated resorts with hyphenated names that are near to each other. They are Port Orleans Resort – Riverside and Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter. Many years ago (prior to 2001) they were called the Dixie Landings Resort (Riverside) and the Port Orleans Resort (French Quarter).
Riverside is divided into two sections that display the opposite ends of the spectrum. There is Magnolia Bend, where the buildings look like Southern Plantation Mansions and then there is Alligator Bayou, which, has tin roofed wood plank, sided buildings.
Riverside is the largest resort on property with 2048 rooms.
Rooms sleep up to 5 people, with 2020 non-discounted room prices starting at $246 including tax.
- Standard View: $256 – $418 – 2 queen beds
- Woods View: $271 – $429 – 2 queen beds
- Standard View – 5th Sleeper: $272 – $432 – 2 queen beds and 1 bunk-size pull down bed
- Pool View: $277 – $434 – 2 queen beds
- Woods View – 5th Sleeper: $287 – $442 – 2 queen beds and 1 bunk-size pull down bed
- King Bed: $313- $450 – 1 king bed or 1 king bed and 1 bunk-size pull down bed
- Preferred Room: $315- $468 – 2 queen beds and 1 bunk-size pull down bed
- River View: $315 – $468 – 2 queen beds and 1 bunk-size pull down bed
- Royal Room Standard View: $315 – $474 – 2 queen beds
- Royal Room Woods View: $322 – $482 – 2 queen beds
- Royal Room River View: $327 – $502 – 2 queen beds
Listed nightly prices are for 2021 and include sales tax and are rounded to the nearest dollar. They do not factor in any military discount as these are based on availability. Prices listed subject to change by Disney.
Disney Moderate Resort
|Military Discounts of up to 35% off are available at Disney Moderate Resorts. Military Members are eligible to receive this discount using the Disney Armed Forces Salute|
Boatwright’s Dining Hall – D $$ – Table Service – Offers up food with a Cajun Flare. Offerings include: Andouille-Crusted Catfish or Jambalaya with Chicken and Andouille Sausage, Crescent City Gumbo, and N’awlins Barbecued Shrimp.
Riverside Mill Food Court – BLD $ – Quick Service – A typical WDW Resort food court with different stations serving things like Freshly Carved Meats (Beef, Turkey, Ham), Baked Ziti, Sandwiches, Soups, and Pizza.
The Rivers Roost Lounge is the indoor bar off the lobby. Enjoy entertainment with Ye Haa Bob most nights of the week.
Muddy Rivers is the outdoor pool bar
Main Pool with Water Slide and Hot Tub – Cross the bridge to a 3.5-acre hideaway with an old-fashioned swimmin’ hole and a sawmill slide. Inspired by the story of Tom Sawyer, Ol’ Man Island even features a catch-and-release fishing hole and stories told around an evening campfire. The nearby Muddy Rivers pool bar and a hot tub provide fun for grown folks.
Five Quiet Pools – 3 in Alligator Bayou and 2 in Magnolia Bend—are also available throughout the Resort.
Movies Under the Stars – Watch some of your favorite Disney films outside in the fresh evening air in the courtyard at Oak Manor.
Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides – Relax on a horse-drawn carriage ride as you travel along the scenic banks of the Sassagoula River.
Pirate Adventure Cruise – Scallywags 4 to 12 years of age can set sail on a pirate adventure, following clues to discover hidden treasure.
Bike and Surry Bike Rentals – Embark on a leisurely bicycle outing along the Resort’s scenic waterfront promenade.
Fishing – Catch and release fish with an old-fashioned cane pole at the rustic wooded alcove on Ol’ Man Island.
Arcade – Medicine Show Arcade show off your gaming skills at this video arcade located in the Colonel’s Cotton Mill building.
Playground – Kids can climb, slide and play at this themed area near the main pool at 3.5-acre Ol’ Man Island.
Jogging Trail – 1-mile course along the lushly landscaped banks of the Sassagoula River.
Guest Laundry – 24-hour self-service laundry rooms are adjacent to each of the 5 quiet pools dotted around the Resort hotel.
A Disney Springs Area Resort
Bus transportation is available to all Disney World guest areas. Boat transportation is available to Port Orleans French Quarter, Disney’s Old Key West DVC Resort, Disney’s Saratoga Springs DVC Resort, and Disney Springs.
|This Disney Resort Hotel is a Military Disney Tips Approved Resort!|
While we don’t usually plan to stay at this very large Moderate, there are often Disney Armed Forces Salute discounts available due to its number of available rooms.Related Posts:
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Disney Resorts Tested by MDT
- How do Disney Moderate Resorts Compare to Shades of Green?
- How do Disney Resorts compare to Shades of Green in price?
- Split Your Stay between Disney Resorts, Shades of Green, or Others
- WDW Room View Categories, Do They Really Matter?
Get a Quote Now
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!