Why Can’t People Share a Disney Ticket?
I’m often asked some variation of this question…
- Can we buy an extra Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket and each person in the party use one of the days?
- Can one person use the ticket in the morning and a second person use it in the afternoon?
- I’m only going to use 2 days of my ticket, can someone else finish it up?
The answer to all is no, and here is why.
Disney Theme Park Tickets (Including all military tickets) are expressly non-transferable and they do have measures in place to prevent this.
How Disney Tickets Are Priced
Each “day” of a Disney ticket is for day-long entry to 1 park for a non-hopper ticket or multiple parks for a hopper ticket.
The first few days of a Disney ticket cost you the most money! Each successive day costs less to add on.
Your first day costs the most money, followed decreasingly by the second through fourth days. After that extra days cost much less to add. This is to entice you to stay longer and spend more on food, souvenirs, and lodging.
For example here is the cost for each day of a Walt Disney World military discounted Magic Your Way, non-Hopper ticket (Disneyland works the same way):
- Day 1 – $111 to 122.25*
- Day 2 – $90.75 to $109.00*
- Day 3 – $86.25
- Day 4 – $73.50
- Day 5 – $14.75
- Day 6 – $9.75
- Day 7 – $10.00
- Day 8 – $9.75
- Day 9 – $9.75
- Day 10 – $9.85
2019 Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way Tickets adult non hopper pricing.
*Note – One day WDW tickets are priced on 2 variables, theme park choice (the magic Kingdom costs more) and date (there are 3 different prices based upon date (attendance level)).
Also Note: Disney World recently switched to the variable pricing by date, but this pricing scheme (the latter days costing less) still applies, no matter the overall price of the ticket!
So using these prices, if you purchased a 3-day ticket for three people to share the first person would have paid Disney $111 to $122.25 for their day**, the second from $90.75 to $109.0** , and the third $86.25. Disney expects at least $111 for all three single day entries**!
** Depending on the Price Season.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!