Universal Orlando Resort has announced their 2022 Freedom Pass, a special year-long pass for military families for one low price!
For 2022 Universal Orlando Resort has continued their Special Military Tickets called the Freedom Pass.
Freedom Passes are like a Universal Annual Pass, but without the other benefits Universal adds to regular annual passes (like parking and discounts).
These Passes Are Simply Amazing!
The Universal Orlando Freedom Pass is valid for use every single day of the year between 11 November 2021 and 31 December 2022 with no blockout dates.
This Pass is a Park Hopper.
2 Park, Park-to-Park Freedom Pass – Both Adult & Child Versions
The 2-Park, Park-to-Park Military Promotional Pass entitles 1 eligible person admission to the following Universal Orlando Resort theme parks each day: Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
3 Park, Park-to-Park Freedom Pass – Both Adult & Child Versions
The 3-Park, Park-to-Park Military Promotional Pass entitles 1 eligible person admission to the following Universal Orlando Resort theme parks each day: Universal Studios Florida, Universal’s Islands of Adventure, AND Universal’s Volcano Bay Water Theme Park.
2022 prices for these special military passes remain the same as 2021, something Disney can’t say!!!
- 2 Park Freedom Pass – $200 Adult/$195 Child – For the whole year!
- 3 Park Freedom Pass – $235 Adult/$230 Child – For the whole year!
These Freedom Pass are only available at your Base Ticket Office or through your Travel Agent as part of a package.
They are not available Universal’s gates!
Note! These are a specially priced offer and are much cheaper per day than the Regular Military Universal Tickets. Compare prices! It might be cheaper to buy these for a shorter stay than the shorter Regular Military Discount Tickets..
Shades of Green Regular Universal Military Prices (Base Ticket Offices prices very similar if not the same)
There seems to be a lot of confusion about these passes both here and on facebook when I’ve shared this info in the past. So in a effort to be absolutely clear:
These Freedom Passes are like an annual pass, without any other benefits that usually go with an AP, like free parking and discounts.
You only pay the price once for the whole year, not on every visit or every so often.
Those Eligible for This Offer Are:
- Active or Retired US Military -Active Duty, National Guard, Reservists, US Coast Guard (with valid military ID!)
- 100% Service Connected Disability (with valid DoD issued Military ID!)
- Spouses of Eligible Service Members
- DOD Civilian Employees
Note: Both the member and spouse have their own eligibility. However those who might have 2 eligiblaties, e.g. a Reservist/Guardsman who is a DoD Civ, or military retiree who is a DoD Civ only have 1 legibility, it’s per person, not per ID.
These tickets are priced extremely low, therefore they are a fantastic opportunity for Military personnel to visit both Universal Orlando’s original theme parks (Universal Studios Florida & Universal’s Islands of Adventure) as well as take advantage of experiencing Volcano Bay Water Theme Park!
- Non-Retirees e.g. DD-214 or VA Card
Please Note/Most Important!!! – The Freedom Pass does not include any extras, like parking or discounts on food or merch! Only park admission is included. These passes are really not for those who are local or semi-local who buy regular annual passes and drive. So if you will be parking each day in Universal’s garage or use AP the discounts, total up all costs each way before purchasing these passes. These are perfect for those who fly in, use the Superstar Shuttle and stay on property for one long stay or several shorter ones during a year. I did a couple trips this year and it was perfect.
The eligible person must present a valid Military ID at time of voucher purchase and when exchanging the voucher at the Universal sales window.
Universal’s Officially Stated Rules:
- Limit 6 Passes during program period per eligible person.
- Only one single activation is allowed during this offer. This is because the member or spouse must be activating their own Freedom Pass when activating for others. Example – If you have friends that will be going with you during a second trip later in the year, you need to get and activate passes for them during your original activation. Neither I or multiple readers have found this to be true! I’ve queried Universal ticket locations in person regarding this and they have not heard of it! Multiple readers have been able to do second activations!
- You may make multiple purchases up to the limit, but only the single activation. Once you’ve activated the member’s and spouse’s ticket you are done.
- Passes must be used by the same person on any and all days (Non-Transferable)
- Passes will arrive UNACTIVATED
- Passes will be ACTIVATED at any Universal Pass Sales window with a valid ID presented by the military member or military spouse; military member or spouse MUST accompany the party to the Pass Sales window for first activation of the Passes, and use one of the tickets; Dependent children CANNOT activate Passes on their own.
- Passes are not valid after 31 December 2022
- This offer is not valid at Universal Studios Hollywood
- The military sponsor, whether member or spouse MUST be with their guests on their first day of use of the 2022 Military Freedom Pass tickets as they will need to walk them through the turnstile with military ID. These tickets are not for gifting. I have never had to show an ID during First Use!
How to Buy Freedom Passes
Freedom Passes can only be purchased at your Base Ticket Office or as part of a Military Discounted Package through your Travel Agent.
When you purchase tickets/passes as part of a package they are protected because if you change or cancel your reservations, the whole package is refunded.
If you purchase them on Base all sales are final!
How to Use Freedom Passes
See how to use the Freedom Pass on my Universal Orlando Site: How to Use Universal Orlando’s Freedom Pass
Use a Military Expert for your Universal Studios Vacation
As I noted, a package is the way to go!
Jen Novak is Military Disney Tips’ Recommended Universal Studios Travel Agent! Just click this link to get your Quote
Looking for more content about the Universal Resort for the military community?
Check out my other site dedicated to Universal
Need Help Planning your Universal Resort Hotel Stay?
Jen Novak is Military Disney Tips' Recommended Universal Studios Travel Agent! Just click this link to get your Quote