Got a snack attack? The Friar’s Nook is the snack stand that is the cure all for your greasy/salty cravings.
This ain’t no pretzel stand, this is good hearty snacky snacks that will chase away the hangry monster until your next dining reservation.
Located in Fantasyland, just across from Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, this Quick Service stand is easy to walk on by, but trust us, this is not a place to be ignored! Admittedly, the Magic Kingdom isn’t the Mecca of food for Walt Disney World, but the Friar’s Nook never disappoints!
Breakfast – The Friar’s Nook is one of the few Quick Service restaurants that serves breakfast. It’s nothing fancy or anything to write home about, but it will get the job done. If you’re looking for a breakfast to knock your socks off and get the day started, then go with Sleepy Hollow or Gaston’s Tavern.
Breakfast items include an egg and sausage croissant sandwich, tater tots served with sausage gravy, and cinnamon donut holes. Hearty. Filling. That’s about it.
Lunch & Dinner – Now, this is where The Friar’s Nook shines! Bring out the tots! Is there anything better than a perfectly made tater tot? Yes, yes there is. Tater tots smothered in cheese… You can get just tater tots with cheese, tater tots covered in bacon macaroni and cheese, chili cheese tater tots, and our favorite, Buffalo chicken tater tots. Yum! Be sure to grab a fork, these get messy!
All of the tot dishes are filling and great to share with friends!
There are other items on the menu as well, but we felt it was time that the tots were put center stage. You will see some deliciously flavorful and heavy items on the menu like chili cheese hot dogs, bratwurst, as well as some seasonal or celebration dishes.
For the 50th Anniversary Celebration The Friar’s Nook is featuring the Wild Toad Brat Burger, and it is adorable, a little creepy, and absolutely delicious.
The deliciousness of The Friar’s Nook is no secret. You will notice there is usually a pretty long line. But not you. You are the wise traveler who uses Mobile Order! The Friar’s Nook offers Mobile Ordering on the My Disney Experience App. Breeze past that line when your order is ready by using this awesome tool!
And don’t forget to ask for the free cups of ice water!
Seating. That’s funny. If you’ve been to Walt Disney World before, you know how tight Fantasyland is. Unfortunately there is no formal seating for The Friar’s Nook, but never fear! Around every plant, tree, ride queue, and fence, there is a little edge of stone to take a seat on. We’ve never had an issue trying to find a place to nibble on our tots.
Just know, if you’re looking for this to be your relaxing cool off time out of the sun while you enjoy a leisurely lunch, The Friar’s Nook is not your place. If that’s the case, you may want to check out a place like Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe that has a massive indoor dining space.
Tips & Tricks
● If you plan on waiting in the Standby Line for Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, you mind as well not wait empty-handed! It’s a little known fact that you are able to eat while in line for attractions at Walt Disney World. As long as you finish your snacks and drinks by the time you are about to go inside a building, they’re fine with it. Think about it… A 60 minute standby wait time isn’t so bad if you’re eating a bratwurst and sharing some tots.
● Use Mobile Order to get your iced coffee fix here and avoid the horrific lines at Joffrey’s and Starbucks! The Friar’s Nook sells Joffrey’s French Vanilla and Mocha Iced Coffees – Gotta keep caffeinated!
- Disney World Theme Park Overview
- Magic Kingdom
- Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Disney's Animal Kingdom
Comments, Questions, be sure to leave them in the Comment Section Below!
This MDT Post By: Jenn Scranton
Jenn is a MilSpouse who loves going to Walt Disney World with her family, pin trading, and collecting Minnie ears and coffee mugs! Check out her bio.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!