Can I Add a Day to the Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket?
Starting back in 2017 the answer became both yes and no.
Prior to 2017 Disney did not allow you to add days to the 4-day Walt Disney World or 3-day Disneyland Resort Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets.
But with the addition of the 5-day Walt Disney World and 4-day Disneyland Resort Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2017 there was a change to this policy. This applies to the newest 6-day 2020 Walt Disney World Salute Ticket as well. Note in 2021 Disney World is no longer offering a 6-day.
If you buy one of the shorter tickets (4 or 5-day at Walt Disney World and 3-day at Disneyland) you can upgrade them to the longer versions (5 or 6-day at Walt Disney World & 4-day at Disneyland) for the price difference.
No other additions of days are allowed.
Where to Upgrade
Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets purchased on Base or directly from Disney can only be upgraded by Disney at a Ticket or Guest Relations location in person after arrival.
Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets purchased from Shades of Green can be upgraded either at the Shades of Green Ticket Office or by Disney at a Ticket or Guest Relations location in person after arrival.
Sales tax will be added by Disney during your transaction.
Walt Disney World Locations to Upgrade:
- All four theme park ticket and Guest Relations windows
- The Transportation and Ticket Center Ticket or Guest Relations windows
- Magic Kingdom Ticket or Guest Relations windows (Outside the main entrance, Town Hall, and Next to the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square) Note: Liberty Square location currently closed
- Epcot – Main Entrance or International Gateway Ticket or Guest Relations windows (Outside both entrances and behind and to the left of Spaceship Earth in Guest Relations)
- Hollywood Studios Ticket or Guest Relations windows (Outside the main entrance and Ticket Central at Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards) Note Ticket Central currently closed
- Animal Kingdom Ticket or Guest Relations windows (Outside the main entrance and the Ticket Corner at Island Mercantile on Discovery Island)
- Both Water Parks
- Typhoon Lagoon
- Blizzard Beach
- Disney Springs Shopping and Entertainment Area (formerly Downtown Disney)
Your Other Options
There are several options for you if you need more than the length of the longest Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets..
If all you want is 1 additional day then the most economical option for you is to add a 1-day Regular Military Discounted ticket.
When thinking about adding 2 or more days you need to carefully compare the following options
- Back-to-Back Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket use i.e. use 2 per person) up to the ticket limit
- Some in the party may do this while others (preferably kids) use just Regular Military Discounted Tickets or Stars and Stripes Tickets
- Using only Regular Military Discounted tickets, for longer stays these can be the cheaper choice
- Using only Shades of Green WDW Stars and Stripes Tickets – Include theme park entry, hopping, & water park fun and more (cheaper than the Regular tickets with both options added)
Shades of Green Stars and Stripes Ticket Prices
Regular Military Discounted Disneyland Resort Ticket Prices (Typical Base Price)
Upgrade to a Pass
The Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets can be upgraded to annual passes!
I did this many years ago when I switched over to using a pass vs individual tickets.
You may use the Salute ticket purchase price towards the full priced Pass. You pass year will start on the first day that you originally used your Salute ticket.
- Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets purchased at Shades of Green may be upgraded there at their discounted Pass rates
- Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets purchased elsewhere must be upgraded through Disney at the full price plus tax
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!