Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Walt Disney World – One Step Closer to Normal
- Disneyland Resort Reopening Details
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
Can I Upgrade My Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket?
Yes you can in a couple of ways. And No you can’t in one significant way!
First and most important! You must still have days available for use on your ticket at the time of upgrade. You cannot upgrade a old used ticket.
The Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets come in 2 varieties for Walt Disney World: Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus. At Disneyland they only come with the Park Hopper option.
Upgrading Ticket Options
At WDW if you’ve purchased the Park Hopper version you may upgrade your ticket to the Plus option.
To do so just drop by any WDW ticket location and pay the price difference between the single option ticket and the dual option ticket plus tax. It’s about 50 Dollars.
If you originally purchased your ticket from Shades of Green you can also upgrade it there to the new price without tax. Or you can upgrade your Shades of Green purchased ticket directly with Disney World with the tax added.
You cannot upgrade tickets purchased elsewhere at Shades of Green!
Upgrading to an Annual Pass
Any Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket can be upgraded to any pass.
At Walt Disney World, if you’d like to upgrade to one of the many different annual passes you can go to any WDW ticket location and pay the price difference between the Salute ticket and the desired pass plus tax.
At Disneyland, if you’d like to upgrade to an annual pass you can go to any DLR ticket location and pay the price difference between the Salute ticket and the desired pass.
Note: Neither WDW or DLR have restarted selling new annual passes after their 2020 closures!
Adding a Day
Prior to 2017 Disney did not allow you to add days to the 4-day Walt Disney World or 3-day Disneyland Resort Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets.
But with the addition of the 5-day (and in 2020 6-day) Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute Tickets and 4-day Disneyland Resort Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets there had been a change to this policy.
If you buy the shorter tickets (4-day 0r 5-day at WDW & 3-day at DLR) you can upgrade them to the longer versions (5-day and 6-day at WDW & 4-day at DLR) for the price difference.
No other additions of days are allowed.
There is no other way to add days! 5 days at WDW and 4 days at DLR are the maximum lengths allowed for Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets. If you need longer tickets you’ll need to consider other options, see What is the Right Military Ticket for Me?
Walt Disney World Locations to Upgrade:
- All four theme park ticket and Guest Relations windows
- The Transportation and Ticket Center Ticket or Guest Relations windows
- Magic Kingdom Ticket or Guest Relations windows (Outside the main entrance, Town Hall, and Next to the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square) Note: Liberty Square location currently closed
- Epcot – Main Entrance or International Gateway Ticket or Guest Relations windows (Outside both entrances and behind and to the left of Spaceship Earth in Guest Relations)
- Hollywood Studios Ticket or Guest Relations windows (Outside the main entrance and Ticket Central at Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards) Note Ticket Central currently closed
- Animal Kingdom Ticket or Guest Relations windows (Outside the main entrance and the Ticket Corner at Island Mercantile on Discovery Island)
- Both Water Parks
- Typhoon Lagoon
- Blizzard Beach
- Disney Springs Shopping and Entertainment Area (formerly Downtown Disney)
Special 2021 Information about Upgrades
Things are slightly different in 2021 due to 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets still being eligible for use and upgrades.
2020 & 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Upgrade Information:
When WDW reopened, they did not start reselling the 2020 Park Hopper Plus version of the Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets. With Typhoon Lagoon reopening next month will those who only had the option to buy the Park Hopper version but wanted the Park Hopper Plus version be able to upgrade to the 2020 Salute Park Hopper Plus at all? As of 15 March we have the answers!
2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets – As always, the 4-Day Salute Ticket with Park Hopper may be upgraded to a 5-Day Salute Ticket with Park Hopper, a 4-Day Salute Ticket with Park Hopper Plus, or a 5-Day Salute Ticket with Park Hopper Plus. You must do this in person at Disney World (alternately those who purchased from Shades of Green may upgrade there). To upgrade you’ll pay the price difference (with sales tax through Disney).
All 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Upgrades are to 2021 versions.
2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets – 2020 Salute Tickets may be upgraded to any 2021 version! This includes both length and Park Hopper Plus option. This can only be done through Disney! We have had a report of one longtime reader doing this over the phone, they upgraded their 2020 Salute Tickets with the 26 Sept 2021 expiration to 2021s with the 17 Dec 2021 expiration. They were told it would be for the price difference, but then the cost was waived!
The bad thing is that there are no 6-Day versions this year. So if you have a 6-Day and want to keep the length, then you wont want to upgrade.
For full information on the Disney Armed Forces Salute, please see our Disney Armed Forces Salute Page.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!