Can I Upgrade My Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket?
Yes you can in a couple of ways. And No you can’t in one significant way!
First and most important! You must still have days available for use on your ticket at the time of upgrade. You cannot upgrade a old used ticket.
The Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets come in 2 varieties for Walt Disney World: Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus. At Disneyland they only come with the Park Hopper option.
All varieties can be purchased without or with Disney Genie+.
Upgrading Ticket Options
At Walt Disney World, if you’ve purchased the Park Hopper version you may upgrade your ticket to the Plus option.
If you purchased tour Salute Tickets without Disney Genie+, you may also add that to your tickets.
All upgrades must be done in person at a Disney Ticket or Guest Relations location.
To upgrade just drop by any WDW ticket or Guest Relations location and pay the price difference between the ticket that you have and the ticket that You are upgrading ti. You will pay the price deferance plus tax on the price difference.
If you originally purchased your ticket from Shades of Green you can also upgrade your tickets there to the new price without tax. Or you can upgrade your Shades of Green purchased ticket directly with Disney World with the tax added.
You cannot upgrade tickets purchased elsewhere at Shades of Green!
Upgrading to an Annual Pass
Any Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket can be upgraded to any pass.
At Walt Disney World, if you’d like to upgrade to one of the many different annual passes you can go to any WDW ticket location and pay the price difference between the Salute ticket and the desired pass plus tax.
At Disneyland, if you’d like to upgrade to an annual pass you can go to any DLR ticket location and pay the price difference between the Salute ticket and the desired pass.
Adding a Day
Prior to 2017 Disney did not allow you to add days to the 4-day Walt Disney World or 3-day Disneyland Resort Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets.
But with the addition of the 5-day Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute Tickets and 4-day Disneyland Resort Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets there had been a change to this policy.
If you buy the shorter tickets (4-day at WDW & 3-day at DLR) you can upgrade them to the longer versions (5-day at WDW & 4-day at DLR) for the price difference.
No other additions of days are allowed.
There is no other way to add days! 5 days at WDW and 4 days at DLR are the maximum lengths allowed for Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets. If you need longer tickets you’ll need to consider other options, see What is the Right Military Ticket for Me?
Walt Disney World Locations to Upgrade:
- All four theme park ticket and Guest Relations windows
- The Transportation and Ticket Center Ticket or Guest Relations windows
- Magic Kingdom Ticket or Guest Relations windows (Outside the main entrance, Town Hall, and Next to the Hall of Presidents in Liberty Square) Note: Liberty Square location currently closed
- Epcot – Main Entrance or International Gateway Ticket or Guest Relations windows (Outside both entrances and behind and to the left of Spaceship Earth in Guest Relations)
- Hollywood Studios Ticket or Guest Relations windows (Outside the main entrance and Ticket Central at Hollywood and Sunset Boulevards) Note Ticket Central currently closed
- Animal Kingdom Ticket or Guest Relations windows (Outside the main entrance and the Ticket Corner at Island Mercantile on Discovery Island)
- Both Water Parks
- Typhoon Lagoon
- Blizzard Beach
- Disney Springs Shopping and Entertainment Area (formerly Downtown Disney)
For full information on the Disney Armed Forces Salute, please see our Disney Armed Forces Salute Page.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!