Special Info for these Crazy Times:
- 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute What About Tickets?
- 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Info
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened See these Posts to see what's different!
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
I need more than 6 Armed Forces Salute Tickets what can I do?
Disney’s Armed Forces Salute has a ticket limit of 6 tickets during the Salute offer period per eligible member.
However, Disney’s policy is that “Exceptions should be made for immediate families larger than six people.”
For example, if a family has five children, Disney will allow all members of the family to purchase and use Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets (for Mom, Dad, and the 5 kids).
Disney defines immediate family as: Mom, Dad, & their Dependent Children.
- Their Dependent (Mil ID Carrying) children and those too young for an ID
- The member’s adult children without Mil ID, even if still living in the house
- The member’s adult children plus their spouse, and or children
- The member’s siblings
- The spouses siblings
- Aunts and Uncles, or their children
- Friend’s kids
- etc. (you get it)
Military resellers like Base Ticket Offices and Shades of Green have a contract driven policy which limits them to selling a max of 6 Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets per eligible member.
(Update Sept 2019) – Disney now officially advises that you work with your local base ticket office to gain an exception to the 6-ticket rule. The Ticket Office would do this by contacting Disney Military Sales, either directly (if they know how) or through their next higher Ticket Office Supervision.
The problem with this will be lack of knowledge on the part of Ticket Offices and perhaps not knowing about this or believing you. Work up their chain of command if needed to get them to investigate.
Give yourself plenty of time for this to happen. Start well before you want the tickets sin hand!
PLEASE provide feedback on how this goes for you in the comments or use my contact form!
Until recently Disney used to have the member wait until arrival to get the tickets above 6 that they needed.
Disney’s intent is that large immediate families be able to use the Salute discount for all family members!
But a glitch in the way the system was originally set up is causing problems!
This wasn’t been a big problem in the past, those who needed more than 6 tickets just got them upon arrival at Disney.
But with the advent of FastPass plus it has become a problem.
So as it stands today, Military resellers (base ticket offices and Shades) are not allowed to sell more than 6 per military member due to language in their contract with Disney. But as stated above Disney now wants local Ticket Offices to work this out.
But, if your Base Ticket Office will not help you, here are my (old) recommended solutions from when Disney wanted you to work this out at the ticket booth:
If this is an issue for your family, potential solutions are:
Buy the remaining needed ticket(s) upon arrival
- Buy your 6 tickets and link them to your My Disney Experience Account and make your FastPass Plus reservations.
- Then upon arrival buy the ticket(s) needed above 6 directly from Disney during the ticket activation process.
- Then with your My Disney Experience account “copy” the FastPass Plus reservations you have to the new tickets.
- If you are unable to copy the FastPasses to the new tickets due to no availability at the attractions that you have selected, go to a Guest Relations location, explain the situation and ask them to give that last ticket(s) matching attraction carte blanche FastPasses.
If you want to have the tickets ahead of time to due to concern about guaranteed FastPasses
- Have whoever didn’t buy the tickets (you or your spouse) go and attempt to buy the additional ticket(s) at your Base Ticket Office.
- Ask a military friend or spouse to buy the ticket(s) for you.
- Buy the additional ticket(s) long distance from Camp Pendleton or Shades of Green.
- If there is another base nearby go there to purchase the additional ticket(s).
Note: Disney always seems to have a training issue with VERY slightly used programs like this one. If on arrival you run into a cast member who is unaware of this exception, just politely escalate through management until you find someone in the know.
You may want to bring a printout of your DEERS list just to show that they are your dependents
It is VERY important to note, that the intent here is not to get away with something, or do anything that is not allowed by Disney! (as a couple overzealous readers have alleged in the past)
Rather, because of a glitch in the system, those who are allowed to buy more than 6 tickets need to wait to get the 7th (or more) until they arrive, thus messing up their FastPass Plus planning ahead of time.
This is just how to deal with that specific issue.
Don’t Qualify for this Exception?
Then you’ll need to get Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets for the rest of your party.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!