News for 2021 & 2022:
- No 2022 WDW Disney Armed Forces Salute So Far
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- What to Expect on the Day Disney Announces the WDW 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
I need more than 6 Armed Forces Salute Tickets what can I do?
Disney’s Armed Forces Salute has a ticket limit of 6 tickets during the Salute offer period per eligible member.
However, Disney’s policy is that “Exceptions should be made for immediate families larger than six people.”
For example, if a family has five children, Disney will allow all members of the family to purchase and use Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets (for Mom, Dad, and the 5 kids).
Disney defines immediate family as: Mom, Dad, & their Dependent Children.
Note: During 2021 there is a very special situation. If you still have any 2020 Salute Tickets remaining these can be used through 26 Sept 2021 AND you may buy and use 2021 Salute Tickets. See this post for more details
- Their Dependent (Mil ID Carrying) children and those too young for an ID
- The member’s adult children without Mil ID, even if still living in the house
- The member’s adult children plus their spouse, and or children
- The member’s siblings
- The spouses siblings
- Aunts and Uncles, or their children
- Friend’s kids
- etc. (you get it)
Military resellers like Base Ticket Offices and Shades of Green have a contract driven policy which limits them to selling a max of 6 Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets per eligible member.
(Update Sept 2019) – Disney now officially advises that you work with your local base ticket office to gain an exception to the 6-ticket rule. The Ticket Office would do this by contacting Disney Military Sales, either directly (if they know how) or through their next higher Ticket Office Supervision.
The problem with this will be lack of knowledge on the part of Ticket Offices and perhaps not knowing about this or not believing you. Work up their chain of command if needed to get them to investigate.
Give yourself plenty of time for this to happen. Start well before you want the tickets in hand!
PLEASE provide feedback on how this goes for you in the comments or use my contact form!
Until recently Disney used to have the member wait until arrival to get the tickets above 6 that they needed.
Disney’s intent is that large immediate families be able to use the Salute discount for all family members!
But a glitch in the way the system was originally set up is causing problems!
This wasn’t been a big problem in the past, those who needed more than 6 tickets just got them upon arrival at Disney.
But with the advent of Theme Park Reservations it has become a problem.
So as it stands today, Military resellers (base ticket offices and Shades) are not allowed to sell more than 6 per military member due to language in their contract with Disney. But as stated above Disney now wants local Ticket Offices to work this out.
Don’t Qualify for this Exception?
Then you’ll need to get Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets or Stars and Stripes Passes for the rest of your party.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!