Special Info for these Crazy Times:
- Walt Disney World Starting to Discount 2021
- Will There Be a 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discount? When Will Disney Announce a 2021 Salute Room Discount?
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Shades of Green Re-Open at Walt Disney World
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
This morning Shades of Green, the Military Only Resort at Walt Disney World extended their projected re-opening date.
UPDATE 5/19: Shades of Green has pushed back their reopening date again, from 1 June to 1 July 2020.
UPDATE 6/26: Shades of Green has pushed back their reopening date yet again, from 1 July to 15 July 2020.
UPDATE 7/8: Shades of Green has pushed back their reopening date yet again, from 1 July to 12 August 2020.
This update came out this morning (25 April) and follows a couple of other extensions.
This is of course, still just a projected date and depends on all the factors needed for reopening, those being Federal, State, local, DoD, and Disney guidelines and plans.
The Orange County Task Force has proposed a 3 stage opening plan without a start date, which complies with the President’s 3 stages for reopening. “High human interaction” businesses, like theme parks and sporting events are of course the last to open under the plan.
The majority of Walt Disney World falls within Orange County.
The plan follows the federal 3 stages, with 2 weeks between stages unless there are setbacks, making the opening of Central Florida’s theme parks at least one month from the start of this plan. Again no start date has been announced, which would make 1 June about the earliest at this point.
The Orange County Task Force has stated that unless a vaccine is developed, businesses and hospitals must continue health safety protocols as they reopen. “Masks must be worn by everyone when everyone outside the home, temperature testing, social distancing measures, mass testing, aggressive patient tracking and exposure tracing,”
Something else to be aware of is that there has been talk of a staggered Disney World reopening, that is opening first to Florida residents, then to U.S. guests, and finally international guests. This would have the effect of limiting attendance at first, generating some income for the company, allowing time to get social distancing and getting temperature checks going smoothly.
Shades of Green’s Plans
Beyond the tentative opening date, Shades of Greens plans for moving forward are unknown.
Recently the DoD Travel Ban was extended through 30 June, which could very well impact Shades of Green’s schedule!
Update 5/9 Disney World has extended their Resort Hotel closure through 30 June as well.
One assumes measures would be similar to all other businesses: stringent cleaning of guest rooms and common areas, expanded offerings of communal hand sanitizer stations, masks required outside of your room, reduced restaurant capacity for extra space between tables, perhaps more outside seating on the lower lobby level for the restaurants, and greatly reduced bus capacity.
Over the last month very minimal changes have been made the Shades of Green’s website. They are still offering the same discounts (with the exception of May) that they were prior to the outbreak. It’s unknown if these will be dropped or changed as time goes on. If you’re interested in one of these, now is the time to secure it.
See our other posts regarding closures:
- Disney’s US Parks and Cruise Line Closed! Plus DoD Travel Ban!
- When Will Disney’s Theme Parks Reopen?
- Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Refunds
- Shades of Green Salute Ticket Info
Over to you! Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
See all the current Shades of Green Discounts and Packages
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages.Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Links to Everything Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!