Shades of Green has shared their Official Policy regarding Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets that cannot be used due to the current situation.
There is also Universal and SeaWorld info at the end…
Shades of Green has not yet posted this information on their website, but it cam to me via an email from their Manager of Attraction Sales.
Shades of Green understands that due to military or health considerations, you may not be able to reschedule your trip during the 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute. If you can’t or don’t want to schedule a trip to use your tickets by 18 December 2020 you have 2 options, get a refund (under certain circumstances) or upgrade your 2020 Salute Tickets.
Shades of Green’s policy is:
- No Refunds. However exceptions can be made under the following conditions:
- Official deployment orders (tickets cannot be expired or used).
- PCSing and will not be able to use the tickets for a future visit (tickets cannot be expired or used).
- Illness of self or immediate family. Documentation must be provided.
- Unused Disney Military Promotional (Salute) Tickets purchased from Shades of Green can be upgraded to next year’s promotional tickets or to a Regular Military Magic Your Way Ticket.
- Shades of Green can only upgrade tickets purchased from Their Ticket Office and only if they have not been upgraded or changed by Disney.
How and When to Do This
The Shades of Green Resort and their physical Ticket Office remains closed. But the Ticket office is responding to emails. You can contact them at: [email protected] for assistance in your particular situation.
Shades of Green asks that everyone be patient and they will contact everyone that has sent an email as soon as possible.
As mentioned above, if you do not fall under one of the reasons to receive a refund, Shades of Green is offering the opportunity to upgrade your 2020 Salute tickets to the 2021 Salute tickets (If a Salute is offered in 2021 – which is pretty much a sure bet as the economy will be in the tank) or the Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way Tickets.
To upgrade to 2021 Salute tickets, first Disney must offer the 2021 Salute and Shades of Green will then need some period of time to be able to sell these. The last few years new Salutes have been announced late in September and shortly thereafter Shades begins selling the new tickets.
A price increase is expected for a 2021 Salute offer. You would need to pay the price difference to upgrade your tickets.
You will need to hold on to your 2020 Salute tickets until you can exchange them in late September/early October.
You may desire to exchange for the Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way Tickets. There are very limited situations in which you would want to do this as at the 3 to 6 day length the Salute tickets are cheaper.
You might want to upgrade (and pay the price difference) if:
- The eligible member can no longer go
- You are separating (not retiring) from the military and will not be eligible for Salute tickets
- Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way Tickets do not require activation with a current ID
- You have decided to increase the number of park days on your new trip to 7+ days
- You new dates fall between 19 December 2020 (the end of the 2020 Salute) and the start of the 2021 Salute (probably 1 Jan 2021)
There is no need to wait to upgrade to the Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way Tickets (other than the wait for Shades of Green to reopen) they are available now
Kudos to Shades of Green for this good policy that will support the community!
Related Ticket Information:
Tickets Not Purchased from Shades of Green
Those who have pre-purchased their tickets from Base Ticket Offices other than Shades of Green will need to deal with your Ticket Office or Disney if they ever come up with and publish an sane official policy on 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets.
Right now most if not all Base Ticket Offices are closed. You’ll have to wait until they reopen it they have not published a contact method on their official web presence.
Through reader feed back MDT is aware of the following Ticket Offices that were giving refunds peior to closures:
- Camp Pendleton
- Great Lakes
- Norfolk (March tickets only, when reported)
- Orlando ITT
- Quantico (asking you to surrender tickets and say they will ask Disney about a refund)
- Elgin AFB ITT
- NAS Corpus Christi, for planned to travel in March, April or May, contact [email protected]
Disney has been silent to uncaring on this predicament for your community.
I have reached out officially to Disney on 3 separate occasions to try to get them to resolve this for our community. I’ve received no official reply, only an off the record chat in which the Disney rep said:
“Disney advises you to return tickets that you cannot use due to your military schedule to your Military Ticket Office. When you are told that the tickets are non-refundable Disney recommends asking again. If all else fails Disney says to call their Reservation Number at 407-939-5277 to ask for assistance.”
Thats the silent part as in they have no official policy.
The uncaring part is that Disneyland has gone so far as to post on their website: “There are no changes to the Military Salute Ticket offer. Tickets may be used on non-consecutive days and expire on December 18 2020.”
Other Theme Parks
Shades of Green also shared the following info about the other Orlando Parks:
Sea World is not allowing refunds!
Universal Orlando’s 2020 Military Promotion is valid through December 31, 2020. Universal tickets can only be upgraded to a non-promotional ticket that will expire 1 year from the date of purchase. If you still have days left on the 2019 Military Promotion, those have been extended through 18 December 2020.
Over to You
Share your thoughts and intel reports on refunds/exchanges in the comment section below please!
Our collection of posts related to the current situation:
- Disney’s US Parks and Cruise Line Closed! Plus DoD Travel Ban!
- When Will Disney’s Theme Parks Reopen?
- Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Refunds
- Shades of Green Salute Ticket Info
- Shades of Green Re-Opening Extended
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!