News for 2021 & 2022:
- No 2022 WDW Disney Armed Forces Salute So Far
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- What to Expect on the Day Disney Announces the WDW 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
The current Disney Park closure has caused havoc in the military community!
HOT NEWS – Disney Has Extended the Expiration Dates for the 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets.
While Disney immediately posted information regarding its theme park tickets for general public guests, military travelers have been left out in the dark, wondering if they are out hundreds to thousands of dollars!
The current park closures put those who had already purchased their tickets in a bad situation.
Disney’s Armed Forces Salute Tickets are Non-Refundable and expire on 18 December 2020.
There has been no official announcement by Disney, Shades of Green, or the Overarching MWR/ITT community!
There are many people passing around rumors and “what they heard” on social media. Do not believe these people!
Here are a few things I have seen on Facebook:
- Disney said the Salute tickets are extended through 2021
- Shades of Green said the Salute tickets are extended through 2021
- Disney said the Salute tickets are extended through 2030!
- Disney said to check with your Ticket Office
- My Ticket Office said to check with Disney
None of this is officially correct!
Update 7 April: Shades of Green has a updated return/upgrade policy for what’s going on!
I’ve had some reports of some Ticket offices refunding the purchase price of Salute tickets. This is assuredly a local initiative.
Other bases are saying absolutely not!
Base Ticket Offices are under contract with Disney and the contract says the tickets are non-refundable.
Most in our community are reluctant to share their location, so many reports just say “my ticket office.” But in an effort to help here is a list of what I’ve seen reported. Keep in mind that you need to take this with a grain of salt and that what happened with one customer and clerk, might not be your experience.
Ticket Offices Reportedly Giving Refunds (some may not be now that they are closed)
- Camp Pendleton
- Great Lakes
- Norfolk (March tickets only)
- Orlando ITT
- Quantico (asking you to surrender tickets and say they will ask Disney about a refund)
- Elgin AFB ITT
- NAS Corpus Christi, for planned to travel in March, April or May, contact [email protected]
- Buckley AFB
- Air Force Academy ITT
- MWR at Walter Reed
- Mountain Home Air Force Base
- JB Charleston
- Peterson AFB
- Fort Hood
Note those that were reported to be giving refunds might change their status or be unable to while closed!
Ticket Offices Reportedly NOT Giving Refunds
- All the rest (as far as I know)
Update 1 May: I have received trusted feedback from the Air Force Academy ITT that they can return tickets. However it is a long process.
The tickets must be sent physically to the regional ticket purchasing center (San Antonio in their case). This office then checks with Disney to insure the tickets are not linked or used. Disney will then refund the purchase price to the regional office who will then credit your ticket office in the next billing cycle (monthly). Your ticket office will then issue you a refund after they get a credit. Depending on timing this could take from a couple weeks to well over a month.
This is how the system is supposed to work. However policies, knowledge, and interest vary widely at each individual ticket office. An individual office could provide better service (issuing you a refund hoping the tickets haven’t been used or try to call Disney themselves), or worse service (just saying no).
(Update 6/20) Disney has announced the Extension of 2020 Disneyland Salute Ticket Expiration Dates.
(Update 3/27) Disney has posted on their Disneyland Update page that there is no change whatsoever to the 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket expiration policy!!!
I have reached out officially to Disney on 3 separate occasions to try to get them to resolve this for our community.
I’ve recommended that they extend the 2020Salute tickets through December 2021 for those who can reschedule and offer a solution for those who can’t.
I’ve received no official reply, only an off the record chat in which the rep said:
Disney advises you to return tickets that you cannot use due to your military schedule to your Ticket Office. When you are told that the tickets are non-refundable Disney recommends asking again.
If all else fails Disney says to call their Reservation Number at 407-939-5277 to ask for assistance.”
The problem with this is that most Base Ticket Offices are now closed due to current events.
My usual recommendation is that you try to escalate your issue politely, ask them to check with their supervisor, or regional office and to definitely get Disney Military Sales involved. This is the Disney department that deals with the MWR system. You could even try to get the Commander of the military unit that oversees your Ticket Office involved if needed.
Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets can be upgraded to any Annual Pass. By doing this you would not lose the value paid.
However most passes are considerably more than the Salute tickets.
This must be done in person at Disney ticket booths, or can be done at Shades of Green for tickets purchased there, prior to the expiration date of the ticket.
Stay tuned to this post for updates
I will update as info comes in.
Please post any successes (or failures) that you have returning your tickets in the comments section below. Please be specific as to what Ticket Office you had success at!
See our other “Closure” Posts:
- Disney’s US Parks and Cruise Line Closed! Plus DoD Travel Ban!
- When Will Disney’s Theme Parks Reopen?
- Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Refunds
- Shades of Green Salute Ticket Info
- Shades of Green Re-Opening Extended
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused?
See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!