Directions to walk between Disney’s Contemporary Resort / Bay Lake Tower and the Magic Kingdom, with Pictures!
This short walk is convenient for guests staying at the resorts to access the park without waiting on or riding in a crowded monorail. It’s also great for theme park guests that might want to get out of the park for a bit, perhaps during the peak of temperatures and crowds, perhaps to have lunch at one of the Contemporary Resort dining locations.
Below is a map overview of the walking route from the Contemporary Resort and Bay Lake Tower to the Magic Kingdom. The entire walk is just a half mile (0.5o) and takes 10-15 minutes to walk depending on your speed.
The directions are very simple, it’s a direct route.
From the Contemporary’s lobby, with the front desk behind you on your right, go out the sliding glass door to your right towards the bus stop. From Bay Lake Tower you can ggo right or left out of the lobby and take the sidewalk that runs along the tower entrance drive. You’ll join the route described below near the bus stop or just after.
Walk right through and past the bus stop, following the sidewalk as it curves to the left.
There will then be a sharp turn to the right.
The sidewalk will then head on a gentle curve to the left to the front property entrance.
You’ll be walking along the main entry road between the parking lots on your left and the monotail tracks on your right and there will be a couple crosswalks to to cross.
You’ll pass the vehicle guard shack and come to a main road just off of the Contemporary Resort property. This is a VERY BUSY road! Push the button and wait for the light to cross.
Shortly after crossing the road you will come to the security checkpoint.
After processing through security, it’s a straight shot down a curvy sidewalk to the Magic Kingdom.
You will pass the Disney Magic Kingdom Bus Depot.
And then arrive at the entrance to the park.
More Pics of the Route in Reverse
Getting back to the resorts is simply reversing the path. Here are the pictures showing how it looks walking from the Magic Kingdom to Disney’s Contemporary Resort or Bay Lake Tower.
The Magic Kingdom Bus Depot will be on your right.
You might get lucky and get to see a monorail up close.
You’ll walk righ bu the Magic Kingdom Security Checkpoint.
Just past the checkpoint you’ll reach the main road. Push the button to stop the traffic and get the clear to cross signal.
You’ ll head toward and pass the Contemporary Parking Security shack.
Then there will be a couple crosswalks on the path.
As you near Bay Lake Tower you will peel off to the left if that is you destination, or keep going to the Contemporary.
You near the COntemporary Bus Stop and take a sharp left, them follow the sidewalk as it curves to the right to the bus stop.
Pass the bus stop and head straight into the lobby.
Over to you
Have you taken this walk? What are your thoughts?
Let us know in the comments section below!See All My Posts About Walking at Disney World:
- Walking at Walt Disney World Overview
- Transportation Overview Page
- Transportation and Ticket Center (TTC) Overview Page
- Walk between Shades of Green and Disney's Polynesian Village Resort This route closed permanently 1 May 2023
- Walk Between Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
- Walk between Disney's Contemporary Resort / Bay Lake Tower and the Magic Kingdom
- Walk between Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa and the Magic Kingdom
- Walk Between Disney's Polynesian Village Resort and the Transportation and Ticket Center
- Walk Between Disney's Hollywood Studios and the EPCOT Resort Area
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!