The Bay Lake Tower is located right next door to Disney’s Contemporary Resort, just steps away from the Magic Kingdom.
Bay Lake Tower is one of the Disney Vacation Club Resorts that is co-Located with one of the Walt Disney World Resort Hotels, in this case the Contemporary Resort. Bay Lake Tower shares all of the Contemporary’s guest amenities and services, including shopping, dining, transportation, recreation and more. But unlike most of the co-located DVC resorts, Bay Lake Tower has its own lobby and front desk.
The Contemporary Resort is divided into two buildings, the huge main A-frame Tower building and the Garden Wing, a two-story outbuilding to the south. Bay Lake Tower sits in the former location of the Contemporary’s North Garden Wing, which was identical to the remaining (South) Garden Wing. The North Wing was demolished to make room for the tower.
Bay Lake Tower is a C shaped building with a center hall on each floor. Guest-rooms are off each side of the hall offering views of the the Seven Seas Lagoon & Magic Kingdom, Pool area, Bay Lake & the rear of the Contemporary.
Bay Lake Tower is connected to the Contemporary’s 4th floor via a walking bridge. The Contemporary’s 4th floor is where you will find many dining and shopping locations as well as the Monorail Station. Other dining options are located on the ground floor and at the very top of the Contemporary’s tower.
- Deluxe Studio – Standard View: $629 – $1038 – Bed configuration: 1 Queen Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa. Spacious accommodations include a kitchenette with small fridge and microwave, and balcony. Views of Parking Area or Obstructed View.
- Deluxe Studio – Lake View: $746 – $1138 – Bed configuration: 1 Queen Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa. Spacious accommodations include a kitchenette with small fridge and microwave, and balcony. Views of Bay Lake.
- Deluxe Studio – Theme Park View: $838 – $ -1261 Bed configuration: 1 Queen Bed and 1 Double-Size Sleeper Sofa. Spacious accommodations include a kitchenette with small fridge and microwave, and balcony. Views of Magic Kingdom Park.
- 1 Bedroom Villa – Standard View: $922 – $1465 – Bed configuration: 1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair. Great for families, villas include 2 full bathrooms, a full kitchen with an island, private balcony. Views of Parking Area or Obstructed View.
- 1 Bedroom Villa – Lake View: $937 – $1539 – Bed configuration: 1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair. Great for families, villas include 2 full bathrooms, a full kitchen with an island, private balcony. Views of Bay Lake.
- 1 Bedroom Villa – Theme Park View: $1087 – $1722 – Bed configuration: 1 King Bed and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair. Great for families, villas include 2 full bathrooms, a full kitchen with an island, private balcony. Views of Magic Kingdom Park.
- 2 Bedroom Villa – Standard View: $1208 – $2545 – Bed configuration: 1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair. Great for large families, villas include 3 full bathrooms and a full kitchen with an island. Views of Parking Area or Obstructed View.
- 2 Bedroom Villa – Lake View: $1360 – $2652 – Bed configuration: 1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair. Great for large families, villas include 3 full bathrooms and a full kitchen with an island. Views of Bay Lake.
- 2 Bedroom Villa – Theme Park View: $1504 – $2937 – Bed configuration: 1 King Bed and 2 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa and 1 Twin-Size Sleeper Chair. Great for large families, villas include 3 full bathrooms and a full kitchen with an island. Views of Magic Kingdom Park.
- 3 Bedroom Grand Villa – Lake View: $2766 – $4580 – Bed configuration: 1 King Bed and 4 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa. Views of Bay Lake.
- 3 Bedroom Grand Villa – Theme Park View: $2984 – $5037 – Bed configuration: 1 King Bed and 4 Queen Beds and 1 Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa. Views of Magic Kingdom Park.
Listed nightly prices are for 2022 and include sales tax and are rounded to the nearest dollar. They do not factor in any military discount as these are based on availability.
Disney DVC Resort
|Military Discounts of up to 40% off are available at Disney DVC Resorts. Military Members are eligible to receive this discount using the Disney Armed Forces Salute|
The only dining option at Bay Lake Tower is the Cove Bar, a pool snack bar, there are not any restaurants in the building. However the Contemporary Resort and all of its dining options is next door and connected to Bay Lake Tower by an elevated bridge (or you can walk through the parking lot).
Dining Options at the Contemporary Resort
California Grill – D$$$ – Table Service – This exquisite fine dining restaurant sits atop the Contemporary Resort with wonderful views of the Magic Kingdom and surrounding areas. Featuring seasonal produce, fish, and meats, sushi, and flatbreads.
Chef Mickey’s – B$$ D$$$ – Buffet Service, Character Meal – Dinner selections include, spiced rubbed sirloin of beef, oven roasted turkey breast or ham, seasoned salmon filet with a mango chutney or dill aioli, mango BBQ pork ribs, and many sides. Featuring Chef Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Chef Goofy.
The Wave…of American Flavors – B$ L$$ D$$$ – Table Service – Features healthful dining options using local products. Features include, crab cakes, fish tacos, black bean chili, Cobb salads, and more.
Contempo Café – BLD$ – Quick Service – Order your food on touch-screen monitors and then pick up at the window. Lunch and dinner feature, flatbreads, salads, sandwiches, and burgers. Mobile Ordering Available.
The California Grill Lounge – Co-located with the California Grill. Fine drinks and the CG menu without reservations.
The Wave Lounge – Co-located with the Wave restaurant.
The Outer Rim is the indoor Bar
The Cove Bar is the Pool Bar at Bay Lake Tower
The Sand Bar is the Pool Bar at the Contemporary
Main Pool – The Bay Pool, is the Bay Lake Tower’s all-ages pool with water slide. Soak up the sun from a lounge chair on the deck, or rent a private cabana for added luxury.
You can also escape to the Contemporary’s Main Pool with Water Slide and Hot Tub – Glide down the 17-foot-high, curving waterslide at the feature pool, and relax in one of 2 whirlpool spas.
Kiddy Pool – None.
Water Play Area – Children can make a splash in the water playground designed just for kids.
Contemporary Campfire Activities – Gather ‘round as the sun goes down for old-fashioned family fun as you roast marshmallows by a crackling fire.
Movies Under the Stars – Enjoy a different Disney film on select nights on the lawn behind the Contemporary Tower.
Arcade – The Game Station Arcade, discover high-octane thrills at this arcade located on the 4th floor of the Contemporary Tower.
Playground – Located near the Garden Wing.
Jogging Trail – 0.9 miles, loops around Bay Lake Tower and the South Garden Wing.
Guest Laundry – Enjoy a 24-hour self-service laundry room on the 2nd floor, plus dry-cleaning and valet laundry services.
Fitness Center and Spa – Shape up at Olympiad Fitness Center—a full-service facility featuring exercise equipment, massages and more.
Business Center – Discover printing, copying and shipping services at the Business Center inside the Convention Center.
Motorized Boat Rentals – Cruise around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon aboard a motorized boat from the Boat Nook Marina.
Sammy Duvall Watersport Center, featuring waterskiing, wake boarding, parasailing, and tubing.
There is top floor cocktail lounge that is open for the Magic Kingdom fireworks, then is only open to DVC members who have Bay Lake Towers as their Home Resort.
A Magic Kingdom Area Resort
Bus transportation is available to all Disney World guest areas.
Monorail Transportation is available to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Transportation and Ticket Center, Polynesian Village Resort, and the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa.
Boat transportation is available to the Magic Kingdom.
You can walk directly to the Magic Kingdom via the sidewalk the two. It is less than a half mile from the lobby to the Magic Kingdom entrance.
Overnight Parking is $25.00 per night at the Disney World Deluxes. Note this charge is initiated for all nights of your stay either by telling the front desk that you have a vehicle when checking in or by using your room key/Magic Band to enter the parking lot. If you will not be parking every night (say you have a rental car for just a dat or so) coordinate this with the front desk.
Valet service is $33 per night (sales tax included). Note: due to ongoing staffing shortages, valet service is only available to those with a valid disability parking permit.
MDT Not Recommended
|This Disney Resort Hotel is a Military Disney Tips Not Recommended Resort!|
We stayed at Bay Lake Tower a couple years ago and were very disappointed with the poor condition of the room and service of the cast members. Sadly we can not recommend this resort!
The location within walking distance of the magic Kingdom is fantatic.
The Contemporary is the furthest Monorail Resort on the Monorail Line from the Magic Kingdom. It’s much quicker to walk.
It should be noted that in recent years the monorail has become less than reliable due to maintenance and staffing issues, and you are paying a big premium to stay on the monorail loop! See our recent experience in the Our Thoughts section of the Polynesian Village Resort Page.Related Posts:
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Disney Resorts Tested by MDT
- How do Disney Deluxe Resorts Compare to Shades of Green?
- How do Disney Resorts compare to Shades of Green in price?
- Split Your Stay between Disney Resorts, Shades of Green, or Others
- WDW Room View Categories, Do They Really Matter?
Get a Quote Now
You have probably seen elsewhere on the site that I recommend Ears of Experience as my preferred Authorized Disney Vacation Planners.
This MDT Post By: Steve Bell
Steve is the the Military Disney Tips Founder. He a retired U.S. Military Member who's been touring the Disney Parks since 1971! Steve's mission is to help military families with their Disney vacations in every way. Check out Steve's Bio.
Subscribe to Steve's email newsletter to get website updates and news by clicking this link.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!
Leave a Reply