News for 2021:
- Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer
- Disneyland 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Offer
- Walt Disney World – One Step Closer to Normal
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
The Contemporary Resort is one of the original Resorts that opened at the same time as the Magic Kingdom in October 1971.
Just a stone’s throw away from the MK’s Tomorrowland, the look and feel of the Contemporary used to fit right in with the original theme of Tomorrowland. The look and feel of Tomorrowland has since moved on to a more 50’s retro Sci-Fi look.
The Contemporary now has a clean modern look in its guest rooms.
The Contemporary is divided into two buildings, the huge main A-frame Tower building and the Garden Wing, a two-story outbuilding.
The Tower has guestrooms on the west and east sides, all with views of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom to the west or Bay Lake to the east. The center of the building is all open space with the WDW Monorail Line running right through.
The Garden Wing is a sprawling building which houses cheaper rooms with Standard and Garden Views.
Co-located with the Contemporary resort is the Disney Vacation Club’s Bay Lake Tower Resort, which shares amenities with the Contemporary.
- Garden Wing Standard View: $518 – $882 – sleeps up to 5 with 2 queen beds and 1 day bed or 1 king bed and 1 day bed
- Garden Wing Garden View: $523 – $957 – sleeps up to 5 with 2 queen beds and 1 day bed or 1 king bed and 1 day bed
- Garden Wing King: $616 – $963 – sleeps up to 2 with 1 king bed and 1 day bed, views of pool or parking lot.
- Garden Wing Deluxe Room: $622 – $1008 – sleeps up to 4 with 1 king bed and 1 queen-size sleeper sofa
- Tower Bay Lake View: $727 – $1086 – sleeps up to 5 with 2 queen beds and 1 day bed or 1 king bed and 1 day bed
- Tower Magic Kingdom View: $817 – $1202 – sleeps up to 5 with 2 queen beds and 1 day bed or 1 king bed and 1 day bed
- Standard Room Club Level: $939- $1384 – up to 5 with 2 queen beds and 1 day bed or 1 king bed and 1 day bed
- Magic Kingdom View Club Level: $994 – $1603 – up to 5 with 2 queen beds and 1 day bed or 1 king bed and 1 day bed
- One to Two Bedroom Suites: $1404 – $4715 – Sleeps up to 8
Listed nightly prices are for 2021 and include sales tax and are rounded to the nearest dollar. They do not factor in any military discount as these are based on availability. Prices listed subject to change by Disney.
Disney Deluxe Resort
|Military Discounts of up to 40% off are available at Disney Deluxe Resorts. Military Members are eligible to receive this discount using the Disney Armed Forces Salute|
California Grill – D$$$ – Table Service – This exquisite fine dining restaurant sits atop the Contemporary Resort with wonderful views of the Magic Kingdom and surrounding areas. Featuring seasonal produce, fish, and meats, sushi, and flatbreads.
Chef Mickey’s – B$$ D$$$ – Buffet Service, Character Meal – Dinner selections include, spiced rubbed sirloin of beef, oven roasted turkey breast or ham, seasoned salmon filet with a mango chutney or dill aioli, mango BBQ pork ribs, and many sides. Featuring Chef Mickey, Minnie, Chip, Dale, Pluto, and Chef Goofy.
The Wave…of American Flavors – B$ L$$ D$$$ – Table Service – Features healthful dining options using local products. Features include, crab cakes, fish tacos, black bean chili, Cobb salads, and more.
Contempo Café – BLD$ – Quick Service – Order your food on touch-screen monitors and then pick up at the window. Lunch and dinner feature, flatbreads, salads, sandwiches, and burgers. Mobile Ordering Available.
The California Grill Lounge – Co-located with the California Grill. Fine drinks and the CG menu without reservations.
The Wave Lounge – Co-located with the Wave restaurant.
The Outer Rim is the indoor Bar
The Sand Bar is the Pool Bar
Main Pool with Water Slide and Hot Tub – Glide down the 17-foot-high, curving waterslide at the feature pool, and relax in one of 2 whirlpool spas.
Quiet Pool – You can also escape to Bay Pool, the all-ages quiet pool. Soak up the sun from a lounge chair on the deck, or rent a private cabana for added luxury.
Kiddy Pool – None.
Water Play Area – Children can make a splash in the water playground designed just for kids.
Contemporary Campfire Activities – Gather ‘round as the sun goes down for old-fashioned family fun as you roast marshmallows by a crackling fire.
Movies Under the Stars – Enjoy a different Disney film on select nights on the lawn behind the Contemporary Tower.
Arcade – The Game Station Arcade, discover high-octane thrills at this arcade located on the 4th floor of the Contemporary Tower.
Playground – Located near the Garden Wing.
Jogging Trail – 0.9 miles, loops around Bay Lake Tower and the South Garden Wing.
Guest Laundry – Enjoy a 24-hour self-service laundry room on the 2nd floor, plus dry-cleaning and valet laundry services.
Fitness Center and Spa – Shape up at Olympiad Fitness Center—a full-service facility featuring exercise equipment, massages and more.
Business Center – Discover printing, copying and shipping services at the Business Center inside the Convention Center.
Motorized Boat Rentals – Cruise around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon aboard a motorized boat from the Boat Nook Marina.
Sammy Duvall Watersport Center, featuring waterskiing, wake boarding, parasailing, and tubing.
A Magic Kingdom Area Resort
Bus transportation is available to all Disney World guest areas.
Monorail Transportation is available to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Transportation and Ticket Center, Polynesian Village Resort, and the Grand Floridian Resort.
Boat service is available to the Magic Kingdom.
The Magic Kingdom is also just a short half-mile walk away.
|This Disney Resort Hotel is a Military Disney Tips Tested Resort!|
It’s been many years since we’ve stayed at the Contemporary. The Garden Wing doesn’t interest us and the Tower Rooms are very pricey.
The Contemporary is the furthest Monorail Resort on the Monorail Line from the Magic Kingdom. It’s much quicker to walk.
It should be noted that in recent years the monorail has become less than reliable due to maintenance and staffing issues, and you are paying a big premium to stay on the monorail loop! See our recent experience in the Our Thoughts section of the Polynesian Village Resort Page.Related Posts:
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Disney Resorts Tested by MDT
- How do Disney Deluxe Resorts Compare to Shades of Green?
- How do Disney Resorts compare to Shades of Green in price?
- Split Your Stay between Disney Resorts, Shades of Green, or Others
- WDW Room View Categories, Do They Really Matter?
Get a Quote Now
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!