Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- 2021 Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute Ticket Announcement
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
Art of Animation is Disney World’s newest Value resort.
The theme of the resort is straight out of some of Disney’s most famous animated movies: Cars, The Lion King, Finding Nemo, andThe Little Mermaid. Each movie has its own section with big icons from the movies and buildings painted to match.
Art of Animation offers four person rooms and family suites.
The four person rooms are located in the Little Mermaid section.
The Little Mermaid section has the typical Disney Value exterior facing room doors.
The family suites will comfortably accommodate up to 6 Guests. Suites are located in the Nemo, Cars and Lion King sections. The suites include:
2 separate bathrooms
A master bedroom with Queen-size bed
A main living space with a pullout double size sleeper sofa. A work/dining table that includes a Murphy bed that can sleep 1 or 2.
Mini kitchen with microwave, coffee maker, sink, and small refrigerator
The family suite buildings all have interior hallways, which the guest rooms open off of.
Rooms sleep up to 6 people, with 2020 non-discounted room prices starting at $180 including tax.
- Little Mermaid Standard Room: $188 to $353 – The Little Mermaid standard room sleeps up to 4 with 2 double beds or 1 king bed
- Lion King or Cars Family Suite: $442 to $789 – Family suites sleep up to 6 with 1 queen bed and 1 double-size table fold out bed and 1 double-size sleeper sofa.
- Finding Nemo Family Suite: $467 to $824 – Family suites sleep up to 6 with 1 queen bed and 1 double-size table fold out bed and 1 double-size sleeper sofa.
- New for 2021 – Family Suite – Theme Assigned upon Check-In: $428 – $764
Listed nightly prices are for 2021 and include sales tax and are rounded to the nearest dollar. They do not factor in any military discount as these are based on availability. Prices listed subject to change by Disney.
Suites have a small kitchen area with small microwave, sink, and pod coffee maker.
Disney Value Resort
|Military Discounts of up to 30% off are available at Disney Value Resorts. Military Members are eligible to receive this discount using the Disney Armed Forces Salute|
Landscape of Flavors – BLD $ – Quick Service – This is the food court at the Art of Animation. Just like all the other Value food courts, there are several stations offering various items, you’ll gather what you’d like and pay in one central location. This is the best of the Value food courts quality and taste wise. Representative menu selections are Tandoori Boneless Chicken Thigh, Buffalo-Style Turkey Sandwich, Meatball Sandwich, Create Your Own Pasta, and Pizzas.
Pop Art Pizza Delivery
The Drop Off Pool Bar
Three Pools – the Big Blue Pool, Cozy Cone, and Flippin’ Fins
The Big Blue Pool – Take the plunge in the largest resort pool in Walt Disney World Resort. Inspired by the Disney Pixar movie Finding Nemo, the pool features state-of-the-art underwater speakers—a first for Disney Resort hotels.
Cozy Cone Pool – Is inspired by the Cozy Cone Motel in the Disney Pixar film Cars.
Flippin’ Fins Pool – features the “Under the Sea Orchestra” conducted by Sebastian from The Little Mermaid.
Kiddy Pool and Water Play Area – An interactive water play area for little ones is located near the Finding Nemo Pool.
Movies Under the Stars – Watch some of your favorite Disney films outside in the fresh evening air at the Big Blue Pool Deck.
Arcade – Pixel Play Arcade, catch up on video games both classic and new at this arcade located in the Animation Hall building.
Playground – Children can climb and slide at Righteous Reef playground, located in the Finding Nemo courtyard.
Guest Laundry – 24-hour self-service laundry rooms are available near The Big Blue Pool, Flippin’ Fins Pool and Cozy Cone Pool.
Jogging Trail – 1.38-mile-long around the resort.
An ESPN Wide World of Sports Area Resort
Bus transportation is available to all Disney World guest areas. Buses to Epcot and Hollywood Studios can be limited or do not run during Skyliner operating hours.
Art of Animation is one of the resorts that has the Disney Skyliner gondola system for transportation to Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios.
The Art of Animation/Pop Century Skyliner Station is an end of line station. From here you can only ride to the Caribbean Beach Station, where you must get off.
When heading to the theme parks during the morning rush, you will have to wait in 2 lines. First at your Pop/AoA Station and then when you arrive at the Caribbean you will go to the back of the line waiting there!
The Caribbean Beach is the main Skyliner hub. From there you can board either of the other 2 lines which go to:
- Disney Hollywood Studios
- The Riviera Resort and Epcot
|This Disney Resort Hotel has not yet been Military Disney Tips Tested!|
The Art of Animation along with the All-Star Music are the two Value Resorts that have family Suites. Prices for the suites are about $75 – $115 more per night here than at the All-Star Music.
If you can swing the price you’ll love these convenient suites, we do!Related Posts:
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Disney Resorts Tested by MDT
- How do Disney Value Resorts Compare to Shades of Green?
- How do Disney Resorts compare to Shades of Green in price?
- Split Your Stay between Disney Resorts, Shades of Green, or Others
- WDW Room View Categories, Do They Really Matter?
Get a Quote Now
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!