Special Info for these Crazy Times:
- Will There Be a 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discount? When Will Disney Announce a 2021 Salute Room Discount?
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Shades of Green Re-Open at Walt Disney World
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
The theme at the Pop Century Resort is the fads of the 1950s through the 1990s!
Each individual building has its own theme which is from a different decade: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s. Large 25-40 foot tall icons (statues) decorate the exterior of each building. You’ll see giant yo-yos, Play-Doh®, Rubik’s Cube®, and rollerblades to name a few.
Note: there was originally going to be a second section of Pop Century featuring the 00s through the 40s, but the downturn in the travel industry after 9/11 caused its construction, which had just started, to cease for many years. Pop Century’s opening was delayed for years even though this first half had been finished. Construction on the second half was later restarted as the new Art of Animation Resort.
Rooms sleep up to 4 people, with 2020 non-discounted room prices starting at $152 including tax.
- Standard Room: $152 to $304 – 2 double beds or 1 king bed
- Standard Pool View: $161 – $317 – 2 double beds or 1 king bed
- Preferred Room: $171 to $327 – 2 double beds or 1 king bed
- Preferred Room Pool View: $182 – $336 – 2 double beds or 1 king bed
Disney Value Resort
|Military Discounts of up to 30% off are available at Disney Value Resorts. Military Members are eligible to receive this discount using the Disney Armed Forces Salute|
The only dining location at Pop Century is the Everything Pop Food Court – BLD $ – Quick Service – Features American cuisine at various stations: Soup/Salad, Flatbreads, Entrees, and Bakery. You then pay at a central location.
Menus change for all three meals. Breakfast items are standard (eggs, meats, Mickey waffles), lunch features sandwiches and burgers, while for dinner you can have items like pot roast, nachos, rotisserie chicken, or shrimp and cheesy grits. Mobile Ordering Available.
Petals is the Pool Bar at Pop Century.
Pop Art Pizza Delivery – Have pizza and salads delivered to your room.
Rooms at Pop Century were recently updated with a new modern look. The fold down Murphy bed is genius and makes the small room that much more roomy when folded.
The lobby is loud in both decibels and decoration.
The food court is very busy every morning as guests grab breakfast before heading to the theme parks.
Three Pools – Hippy Dippy, Computer, and Bowling
Hippy Dippy Pool – Is a pool with Water Jets. Immerse yourself in the spirit of the 1960’s at the sprawling Hippy Dippy Pool, which features flower-shaped water jets.
Two more pools, the smaller 1950’s Bowling Pool and the 1990’s Computer Pool, are also on hand for Guests looking to take the pop-culture plunge.
Kiddy Pool – For the little ones, a Kiddy pool is located behind Classic Hall, just behind the Hippy Dippy Pool.
Movies Under the Stars – Disney movies are screened on select nights at the Hippy Dippy Pool.
Arcade – At the Fast Forward Arcade play video games old and new, in the Classic Hall building, adjacent to the food court.
Playground – Children can climb, slide and play at the fun play area located in the ’60s section.
Guest Laundry – 24-hour self-service laundry rooms are available near Bowling Pool, Computer Pool and Hippy Dippy Pool.
Jogging Trail – 1 mile long around the resort.
An ESPN Wide World of Sports Area Resort
Bus transportation is available to all Disney World guest areas
Pop Century is one of the resorts that has the Disney Skyliner gondola system for transportation to Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios.
The Pop Century/Art of Animation Skyliner Station is an end of line station. From here you can only ride to the Caribbean Beach Station, where you must get off.
When heading to the theme parks during the morning rush, you will have to wait in 2 lines. First at your Pop/AoA Station and then when you arrive at the Caribbean you will go to the back of the line waiting there!
The Caribbean Beach is the main Skyliner hub. From there you can board either of the other 2 lines which go to:
- Disney Hollywood Studios
- The Riviera Resort and Epcot
Note – The Pop Century Resort is located right next door to the Art of Animation Resort, take the short walk to see the neat exterior decorations at AoA or try the Landscape of Flavors Food Court, which has different options than Pop’s food court.
MDT Most Favorite
|This Disney Resort Hotel is a Military Disney Tips Most Favorite Resort!|
Pop Century is our favorite Value. This was true even before the Skyliner station opened up. We like that it’s newer than the All-Stars, the food court food seems somewhat better, plus Art of Animation is a short walk away and the food there is definitely better.
This is my preferred Value for solo (economy) research trips.Related Posts:
- Walt Disney World Resorts
- Disney Resorts Tested by MDT
- How do Disney Value Resorts Compare to Shades of Green?
- How do Disney Resorts compare to Shades of Green in price?
- Split Your Stay between Disney Resorts, Shades of Green, or Others
- WDW Room View Categories, Do They Really Matter?
Get a Quote Now
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!