News for 2021 & 2022:
- Shades of Green Guests Eligible for Disney World Early Entry & Extended Evening Hours
- Shades of Green Resort at Walt Disney World Resumes Discounts for 2022
- Disneyland 2021 and 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Offer
- Disneyland 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Offer
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
Staying on Walt Disney World Property
Staying at a Disney owned resort comes with many benefits, the most intangible of which is that you will feel like you are at Disney during your entire trip, not just while at the parks. Staying at a Disney owned resort is an immersive experience and so much more convenient.
There are also some very real benefits of spending your vacation at a Walt Disney World Resort.
Check out this list of amenities that you’ll receive when you stay in a Disney Resort:
- Free Disney provided roundtrip transportation to your resort from the Orlando International Airport (Disney’s Magical Express). Being discontinued, ends for check ins 1 Jan. 2022 and after. This 3rd party paid service will substitute.
- Free transportation from your resort to all WDW destinations via Disney’s fleet of buses, boats, monorails, and gondolas.
- Free theme park parking, should you decide to drive your car.
- Early Entry 30 minutes prior to regular theme park hours at every theme park every day. (Starts 1 October 2021). No one else is allowed in during Early Entry.
- And for Deluxe and Deluxe Villa Resort guests Extended Evening Hours on select nights in select theme parks. (Starts October 2021). Everyone else must leave during Extended Evening Hours.
- Property wide charging of your Disney purchases (Merchandise, Dining, etc.) to your room.
- Disney Merchandise delivery to your resort (from the theme parks or Disney Springs). (When Resort Delivery returns, in the mean time, purchases over $75 can be shipped home for free)
- Guaranteed theme park entry on high attendance days when the parks close due to nearing capacity (when Theme Park Reservations end)
- Guests staying at Select Disney Resorts can purchase Disney Genie Individual Attractions at 7 a.m. the day of their visit. Others can do so after entering the park. (Starts Fall 2021)
- The ability to add the various Disney Dining Plans to your vacation (When the Disney Dining Plan returns)
- The ability to book Advance Dining Reservations for your entire trip (up to 10 days) at the 180-day mark (Currently reduced to 60 days due to restaurant capacity limitations)
Starting for reservations on 1 January 2022, Disney’s Magical Express will no longer be available. We loved this service, but Amy at Ears of Experience tells us that a large portion of WDW guests were not using it, preferring to skip the lines and get going immediately to WDW via other means (either Mears Connect or Uber and Lyft).
Sadly I have to note which of the above services are not currently offered.
- Disney Merchandise delivery has been suspended
- Guaranteed theme park entry has of course been suspended with the initiation of Theme Park Reservations
- The Disney Dining Plan has been suspended, but will be back!
- Advance Dining Reservations for your entire trip (up to 10 days) are currently at the 60-day mark versus the 180-day mark
Also See these Related Resort Posts:
- Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Walt Disney World Resort Theming
- Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort Categories and Room Types
- Walt Disney World Room View Types – Do They Matter at Value and Moderate Resorts?
- Military Disney Tips Tested and Approved Resorts
- Split Stays at Walt Disney World Resorts and Shades of Green
- Top Ten Things You Should Know About The Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts
- Top 8 Reasons to Use An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
Let Military Disney Tips’ Recommended Travel Agent assist you with your Disney Resort reservation at no additional cost.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!