Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Disneyland Finally Scheduled to Reopen
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- 2021 Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute Ticket Announcement
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
Staying at a Walt Disney World Resort is a unique experience. One of the reasons is the immersive theme of the resort and your accommodations.
Walt Disney World has numerous resorts located on property that are not owned or operated by Disney. Those being, Shades of Green, the Disney Springs Area Hotels, the Disney Swan and Dolphin Resorts, and the Four Seasons. There is also a Hilton timeshare on property.
What do I mean when I say Shades of Green or any other non-Disney resort isn’t themed like the Disney Resorts? The Disney Resorts all have an individual theme that ties in with the Disney characters or the location, theme, or era the resort is portraying. You’ll have no question that you are in a Disney Resort.
Shades of Green’s theme reminds you of a country club or mountain resort. There is lots of the color green incorporated throughout. By the way the name Shades of Green and the color scheme are a tribute to the various shades of green that our Armed Services wear (or did when the resort was named). Here are some Shades of Green Pictures to compare to the ones below.
The Disney Look
Walt Disney was a stickler for details and theming at the Disney Resorts runs from the grandest, down to the smallest detail. The Value Resorts are the most over the top with huge icons outside each building relating to the theme of the resort section. When strolling around the Moderate Resorts, be sure to notice the sidewalks. They are not your average flat cement; rather designs were crafted into the cement when it was poured which fit the resort’s theme, such as palm fronds, leaves, seashells, or horseshoe tracks. Look at your bedspread in the deluxe resorts, do you see a hidden Mickey? Note the background music, it matches the theme where you are standing. These are but a few examples of what you will find all through Disney’s various resorts.
What’s a Hidden Mickey? It is the traditional shape of the Mickey Mouse icon (three circles, one head and two ears) hidden in plain sight by Disney’s Imagineers.
You’ll find the above type of detail and more in most places around WDW if you take the time to look.
Disney World offers several categories or levels of resort services. I use the word services rather than quality, as all Disney resorts are high quality. Following you’ll see the different ways that Disney categorizes its resorts and the typical amenities you’ll find at each.
- Value Resorts – The Values are the least expensive option when selecting a resort.
- Moderate Resorts – The middle of the road price wise. (Except for Fort Wilderness Cabins, which cost more)
- Deluxe Resorts – The most expensive Disney resorts
Also See these Related Resort Posts:
- Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Walt Disney World Resort Guest Benefits
- Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort Categories and Room Types
- Walt Disney World Room View Types – Do They Matter at Value and Moderate Resorts?
- Military Disney Tips Tested and Approved Resorts
- Split Stays at Walt Disney World Resorts and Shades of Green
- Top Ten Things You Should Know About The Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts
- Top 8 Reasons to Use An Authorized Disney Vacation Planner
Let Military Disney Tips’ Recommended Travel Agent assist you with your Disney Resort reservation at no additional cost.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!