Walt Disney was a very patriotic man.
Proud of and confident in the American spirit. He looked forward to what we could achieve and back at what we had achieved. Disney’s theme parks are filled with homages to that spirit. From the lands within the parks: Main Street USA, Liberty Square, and Frontierland; to the attractions and restaurants they contain: The American Adventure, The Hall of Presidents, the Columbia Harbor House, and the Liberty Tree Tavern.
This is a new category of posts about all things having a Patriotic Disney theme. I and guest posters will cover all things patriotic about Disney, from Walt himself, to his works, and of course the theme parks. I hope that you enjoy these posts.
Below is a compilation of these posts,
- Walt Disney Theme Park’s American Flags
- Frontierland, Walt Disney, and the American Identity Part 2
- Frontierland, Walt Disney, and the American Identity
- Veterans Can Participate In Disney’s Magic Kingdom Flag Retreat
- Walk Through America’s History In Disney’s Liberty Square
- Have a Patriotic Meal in the Liberty Tree Tavern
- The American Adventure at Epcot’s World Showcase
- Walt Disney World’s Liberty Tree