Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- 2021 Walt Disney World Armed Forces Salute Ticket Announcement
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Park Hopping Returns to Walt Disney World Starting in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
Directions from Shades of Green to Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort with Pictures!
Shades of Green is located within walking distance of Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. It’s about a half mile or a ten or fifteen minute walk.
From the Polynesian you can take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, the Transportation and Ticket Center (to transfer to the EPCOT monorail) or Walt Disney World busses to other destinations, or to visit other Magic Kingdom Monorail Resorts. Note: during the 2020-2021 renovation of the traditional resort room portion of the Poly, the monorail station will be closed. This is expected to last through Summer 2021. The DVC portion of the resort and some dining and merchandise locations remain open.
You can also dine at the many fine restaurants at the Polynesian.
Below is a map overview of the walking route from Shades of Green (off to the lower left) to the Polynesian’s Great Ceremonial House.
Note Shades of Green’s Shady Shuttle will take you to the property’s edge to save some walking. The walk is only .2 miles from where the Shady Shuttle drops you. On your return you can call the Shades of Green Bellhops to pick you up there. Call when ready to leave the Poly to coordinate a pickup time. Tips are suggested!
After exiting Shades of Green’s lobby, turn left and follow the sidewalk down the hill between the road and parking lot.
Cross the entrance to the parking lot and you’ll see the view in the Location #1 picture.
Proceed along the sidewalk towards the guard shack, until you come to the gate at Location #2 picture.
Push the button to exit the gate. There will be an ID check on your return.
Past the gate you will see the Polynesian’s Great Ceremonial House in the distance as seen from Location #3. That’s your destination.
Location #4 is nearing the edge of Shades of Green’s property. The cement area to the right is where the Shady Shuttle will drop you if you catch a ride.
Cross the street here at Location #5. Be careful! This is a busy roadway.
Follow the sidewalk to the left after crossing the road. Location #6. The path will turn to the right.
And you’ll see the view from Location #7
Up the slight hill you’ll come to an intersection. Take the left path. Location #8
As you turn to the left at #8 you’ll see the view from #9.
Go to the end of the building to your right and turn right. Location #10
As you turn you’ll see the view from #11.
Walk straight ahead with the marina on your left and enter the Great Ceremonial House, Location #12
When you enter the building follow the hall to the lobby.
You’ll need to head to the second floor of the lobby to get to the monorail station. There are 2 stairways and an elevator. The elevator is across the lobby from where you entered, right by the stairs.
This is a great way to get over to the Poly to have access to the shops and dining options there or the monorail to access other resorts or the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages. Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!