Special Info for these Crazy Times:
News for 2021:
- Walt Disney World – One Step Closer to Normal
- Disneyland Resort Reopening Details
- 2022 Disney Armed Forces Salute Timeline
- Using Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets in 2021
Everything is Different at WDW since it Reopened. See Our Trip Reports:
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Our Return to Walt Disney World (Aug/Sep 2020)
- Our Second Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Nov 2020)
- Our Third Trip Back to Walt Disney World (Jan 2021)
Disney World’s FastPass Plus (FastPass+, FP+) is an important topic for both the general public and the military community.
FastPass Plus works with all military discounted Disney tickets!
Many Base Ticket Offices sell Disney Armed Forces Salute Ticket Vouchers rather that the actual tickets. You must exchange these vouchers for the real tickets upon arrival, These vouchers may be used to obtain FastPasses just as you would with a regular ticket by entering the ticket/voucher number. The FastPasses will carry over to the real tickets.
What is FastPass Plus?
FastPass Plus (Often shortened to FastPass+ or just FP+) is a free service at Walt Disney World which allows those who have valid tickets linked to their My Disney Experience account to make reservations ahead of time for many of WDW’s attractions, shows, and experiences.
You do so by logging into your My Disney Experience account. You are allowed to make reservations a set number of days in advance depending on where you are staying for your vacation.
Those staying at Disney World owned Resorts, Shades of Green, the Swan and Dolphin, the Disney Springs Hotels, and the Four Seasons can make their FastPass Plus reservations 60 days prior to their check in date. They may make reservations for the entire length of their stay through the checkout date.
Note: If your stay is longer than 2 weeks, then FastPass+ selections can be made for up to 14 of the days in your window.
Note: if you have fewer days on your ticket(s) than the length of your stay, while each day of your trip will be available for making FastPass Plus reservations, you will only be allowed to make reservations for the number of days available on your ticket(s).
So – If I’m staying for seven nights and eight days, but only have a 4-day ticket, I’d be able to make reservations on any of those eight days, but once I’d made the 4th day of reservations, no more days would be available.
Who Can Make FP+ Reservations?
All others – Non-Disney resort guests, Passholders, Day guests, etc. can make their FastPass Plus reservations 30 days prior to the day they would like to use those reservations.
Note: For all valid tickets linked to your My Disney Experience account the next 30 days are always available for FastPass Plus reservations. As each day passes the 30-day window moves forward one day.
Non-Disney guests simply wait until their rolling 30-day window rolls to the day they would like to make their reservations for and then do so. The system will only allow you to make FastPass Plus reservations for the number of days available on your ticket.
So if I log into My Disney Experience without a Disney resort reservation and I have a 4-day ticket linked to my account, I could make FastPass Plus reservations on any four of the next 30 days.
Disney Resort Guests will also open the 30-day FastPass Plus window as described above when they link their tickets.
Linking your Disney Resort Reservation (Disney owned Resorts Shades of Green, the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin, and the Disney Springs Hotels) is what will eventually open up your 60-Day FastPass Plus window.
If you are more than 60 days from your check in date all you will see is the 30-Day Window as described above. This is normal!
You will not see any change until the 60th day prior to your check in date. On that day your 60-Day FastPass Plus window will open. Your window will be the length of your Walt Disney Resort Reservation from check in day to check out day.
You will be allowed to make FastPass reservations for any of the days within your 60-Day Window, up to the number of days on your ticket.
You will be allowed to make FastPass reservations at that time for any of the days within your 60-Day Window, up to the number of days on your ticket.
There will be a gap of non-selectable days between your 30-day window and your 60- window.
How Many FastPass Plus reservations can I make?
Initially you can make 3 FastPass Plus reservations per day. They must all be for the same theme park. Multi-park, same-day FP+ reservations are not possible ahead of time.
Once you have used your initial three FastPass Plus reservations during a day you will be able to get additional FastPass Plus reservations one at a time via you’re my Disney Experience App or the in park kiosks. Once you use the 4th you may make a 5th, etc. You may do this at the same or a different park from where you made your initial three reservations.
Disney’s Magic Bands
Walt Disney World supplies Magic Bands to guests staying at their resorts for free via mail. (Includes Swan and Dolphin, but not Shades of Green or Disney Springs Resorts)
Those not staying eligible can buy Magic Bands for about $12.95 plus tax upon arrival at WDW at most Disney gift shops or online from the Disney Store.
How To Make FastPass PlusReservations
In order to make FastPass+ reservations ahead of time you must have a My Disney Experience (MDE) account and link active tickets or Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket exchange vouchers purchased on base to your MDE account. Linking your Disney resort reservation allows you to make your FastPass Plus reservations 60 days prior to check in versus the non-Disney resort guests’ 30 days out.
- You will need a My Disney Experience Account (MDE). Get one here. You can access MDE through the Disney website or the phone app. iPhone free App Download
- (Optional) Make your Disney Resort Reservations direct with Disney by phone or use our recommended travel agent Ears of Experience (Disney Armed Forces Salute reservations cannot be made on the Disney website).
- (Optional) Link your resort reservations in MDE, The names of your party from your reservation will then be in your MDE account.
- Purchase your Disney World tickets so that you have them in hand from your Base Ticket Office or a Base that ships.
- Link your Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets, your Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets, your Disney Armed Forces Salute exchange vouchers, or the ticket numbers if using Shades of Green’s pre-purchase, one for each person. See: Linking Disney Military Tickets And Fastpass Plus Reservations.
- Use the My Disney Experience website or smart phone app to make your advance reservations on the correct day. See Waiting on your FastPass Plus Window to Open.
- FastPass+ is bookable at 7am.
- You can change these on the fly in the parks with your phone app or at an in park FastPass Plus kiosk.
Military Ticket Issues
|Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets and children – Disney’s Armed Forces Salute tickets come at only one price for all ages 3 and older. Disney’s regular tickets come in a child’s for ages 3-9 and adult for 10+. My Disney Experience is set up for these adult/child types of tickets. You may get a warning message when linking a Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket for a someone who has been entered into My Disney Experience as a child. You can disregard this error, the ticket and FastPasses will work just fine.
Another problem seen over the years , is that when linking Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets early in the new offer period, often My Disney Experience will say the ticket is from the previous year’s offer. You can disregard this, the ticket and FastPasses will work just fine.
What Attractions can I make FastPass Reservations For?
Magic Kingdom (choose 3):
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- The Haunted Mansion
- It's a small world
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theatre
- Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Tinker Bell at Town Square Theatre
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Town Square Theater and Greet
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
Disney's Animal Kingdom:
Animal Kingdom FastPass Tier 1+ (Choose 1)
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Na'vi River Journey
Animal Kingdom FastPass Tier 2+ (Choose 2)
- Expedition Everest
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo - The Musical
- It's Tough to Be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
- Primeval Whirl
- Rivers of Light
FastPass+ Tier 1 (choose 1):
- Frozen Ever After
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Test Track
- Disney/Pixar Short Film Festival
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Living with the Land
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Spaceship Earth
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Hollywood StudiosHollywood Studios FastPass+ Tier 1 (Choose Only 1)
- Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run
- Slinky Dog Dash
- Alien Swirling Saucers
- Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
- Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
- For the First Time in Forever - A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Star Tours 2: The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars Presentations (seasonal)
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Toy Story Mania!
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Where Can I Make In Park Reservations/Changes?
You may make or adjust FP+ reservations at the following in park locations.Magic Kingdom FastPass+ Kiosks
- Outside Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Fantasyland
- Outside Pete's Silly Sideshow in New Fantasyland
- Outside the Diamond Horseshoe Review in Frontierland
- At the entrance to Jungle Cruise in Adventureland
- Near Tomorrowland Bridge in Tomorrowland
- Outside Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin in Tomorrowland
- At the International Gateway entrance to the park
- In the Future World East walkway, on the way to The Land pavilion
Note: Extensive construction at Epcot will impact locations and they will move aroundDisney's Hollywood Studios Fastpass+ Kiosks
- At the corner of Hollywood and Sunset boulevards
- At the Toy Story Land Entrance
- Between Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and Hollywood Tower of Terror
- Near Kali River Rapids
- Kiosk at Island Mercantile on Discovery Island
- Kiosk near Harambe Market/Dawa Bar
FastPass Plus Availability
Reservations for the most popular FastPass Plus attractions can be used up very quickly. Depending how busy the time period is that you are looking at because more people are making FastPasses. The most popular like Flight of Passage and Frozen Ever After can be “sold out” as far as FastPasses on the 60th day out for high attendance periods.
The strategy for Disney Resort Guests to use if you have Must Do attractions, is on your 60th day prior to check in start making FastPasses from the last day of your vacation forward for the most desired attractions. There will be slightly less competition at the end of your vacation than at the beginning.
For an explanation see: Walt Disney World’s FastPass Plus – Creating a Classed Theme Park Society
Please Share your Disney High Tech Trip Report in the comment section below!!!
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!