Disney World’s FastPass Plus (FastPass+, FP+) is an importanttopic for both the general public and the military community. We at Military Disney Tips continue to get a high volume of questions on this topic.
This post is intended to be your place to find out what is the latest info on this constantly changing subject.
The MDT Team tries to get to WDW several times a year to keep you updated, but this new system is evolving faster than that. So we’ll depend on two things to keep up to speed for you.
- Our great partners and friends, like:
- You, our readers
- Many of you will be at WDW between the times that we can’t be there
- PLEASE send us your reports on what you have experienced in every part of the My Disney Experience/FastPass+ process
- You can do so in the comments section below
And now on to the latest information
Who Can Make FP+ Reservations
- Those staying at a Disney-owned Resort (including Swan & Dolphin, Disney Springs Resorts, and Shades of Green Guests) may make advance FP+ reservations 60 days prior to check in for their entire trip (up to the lower of: number of days on your ticket, length of stay including check in and out days, or 10 days).
- Everyone else may make advance FP+ reservations 30 days prior to the desired FastPass Plus date.
See: FastPass Plus – Does It Really Work For Highly Desired Attractions? Even for 60 dayers?
Important Information About Disney’s Magic Bands
Walt Disney World supplies Magic Bands to guests staying at their resorts for free via mail. (Includes Swan and Dolphin, but not Shades of Green or Disney Springs Resorts)
Those not staying eligible can buy Magic Bands for about $12.95 plus tax upon arrival at WDW at most Disney gift shops or online from the Disney Store.
How To Make FastPass PlusReservations
In order to make FastPass+ reservations ahead of time you must have a My Disney Experience (MDE) account and link active tickets or Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket exchange vouchers purchased on base to your MDE account. Linking your Disney resort reservation allows you to make your FastPass Plus reservations 60 days prior to check in versus the non-Disney resort guests’ 30 days out.
- You will need a My Disney Experience Account (MDE). Get one here. You can access MDE through the Disney website or the phone app. iPhone free App Download
- (Optional) Make your Disney Resort Reservations direct with Disney by phone or use our recommended travel agent Ears of Experience (Disney Armed Forces Salute reservations cannot be made on the Disney website).
- (Optional) Link your resort reservations in MDE, The names of your party from your reservation will then be in your MDE account.
- Purchase your Disney World tickets so that you have them in hand from your Base Ticket Office or a Base that ships.
- Link your Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets, your Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets, your Disney Armed Forces Salute exchange vouchers, or the ticket numbers if using Shades of Green’s pre-purchase, one for each person. See: Linking Disney Military Tickets And Fastpass Plus Reservations.
- Use the My Disney Experience website or smart phone app to make your advance reservations on the correct day. See Waiting on your FastPass Plus Window to Open.
- FastPass+ is bookable at 7am.
- You can change these on the fly in the parks with your phone app or at an in park FastPass Plus kiosk.
Military Ticket Issues
|Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets and children – Disney’s Armed Forces Salute tickets come at only one price for all ages 3 and older. Disney’s regular tickets come in a child’s for ages 3-9 and adult for 10+. My Disney Experience is set up for these adult/child types of tickets. You will get an warning message when linking a Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket for a someone who has been entered into My Disney Experience as a child. You can disregard this error, the ticket and FastPasses will work just fine.
Shades of Green’s Multi-Day Pre-Purchased Tickets. This problem only applies to Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets and Shades’ Stars and Stripes Passes, not Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets. When Shades sells one of these tickets, Disney’s ticketing system does not know how many days the ticket has been sold for until you use it for the first time.This is because Shades’ and Disney’s systems don’t talk. When you enter or scan these ticket numbers into My Disney Experience, Disney only recognizes this ticket as valid for an unknown number of days. My Disney Experience says the ticket is a “0-Day ALPHA S TICKET” and will only allow you to make one day’s worth of FastPass Plus reservations. Worry not, there is a work around for this! Simply call the Disney Internet Help Desk at 800-848-6413, Option #3, they will be able to help you.
How Many FP+ reservations can I make?
Initially you can make 3 per day, all at the same theme park.
Multi-park, same-day FP+ reservations are not possible.
Once you have used your initial three FastPasses, you will be able to get additional FastPasses one at a time via park kiosks or your My Disney Experience smart phone app. These may be in any park.
Note: if you do not actually use your initial 3, the system will not let you make further FastPasses.
Currently you may select 3 from the full list of FastPass Plus attractions/experiences only at the Magic Kingdom . While Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and the Animal Kingdom have a two tiered system. You may select one from tier 1 and two from tier 2
- You may make up to 3 FastPass Plus reservations ahead of time for the number of days on your ticket. (Annual Pass Holders up to 7 days worth)
- For each day you may make all three in one session or individually. You no longer have to pick all 3 to finish the procedure.
- Once the initial 3 are used you may make additional FastPasses 1 at a time via the in-park walk-up kiosks or your My Disney Experience app. In other words, use your 3, make a 4th, use it and then make a 5th, and so on.
See our overview: My Magic Plus – What all this New Disney Technology?
Magic Kingdom (choose 3):
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- The Haunted Mansion
- It's a small world
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Meet Ariel at Her Grotto
- Meet Cinderella and Elena at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theatre
- Meet Rapunzel and Tiana at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet TInker Bell at Town Square Theatre
- Mickey's PhilharMagic
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan's Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Town Square Theater and Greet
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
Disney's Animal Kingdom:
Animal Kingdom FastPass Tier 1+ (Choose 1)
- Avatar Flight of Passage
- Na'vi River Journey
Animal Kingdom FastPass Tier 2+ (Choose 2)
- Expedition Everest
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo - The Musical
- It's Tough to Be a Bug!
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost
- Primeval Whirl
- Rivers of Light
FastPass+ Tier 1 (choose 1):
- Frozen Ever After
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Test Track
- Disney/Pixar Short Film Festival
- Journey Into Imagination With Figment
- Living with the Land
- Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot
- Mission: SPACE Green
- Mission: SPACE Orange
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Spaceship Earth
- Turtle Talk with Crush
Hollywood StudiosHollywood Studios FastPass+ Tier 1 (Choose Only 1)
- Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage
- The Great Movie Ride
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Disney Junior - Live on Stage!
- For the First Time in Forever - A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Star Tours 2: The Adventures Continue
- Star Wars Presentations (seasonal)
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Where Can I Make In Park Reservations/Changes?You may make or adjust FP+ reservations at the following in park locations. Magic Kingdom FastPass+ Kiosks
- The walkway between Adventureland and Liberty Square, near The Diamond Horseshoe Saloon in Liberty Square
- Outside Mickey’s PhilharMagic in Fantasyland
- At the entrance to Jungle Cruise in Adventureland
- Near Stitch's Great Escape in Tomorrowland
- In the Future World West walkway, on the way to Mission:SPACE
- At the digital "tip board" in the middle of Future World Plaza (behind Spaceship Earth and the Future World fountain)
- At the International Gateway entrance to the park
- In the Future World West walkway, on the way to The Land pavilion
- At the "wait times" board on the corner of Hollywood and Sunset boulevards
- Outside Toy Story Midway Mania
- Outside the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror entrance
- Near MuppetVision 3D in Muppet Courtyard
- At the Discovery Trading Company on Discovery Island
- Near Kali River Rapids
- Kiosk at Island Mercantile on Discovery Island
- Kiosk near Harambe Market
FastPass Plus Availability
Reservations for the most popular FastPass Plus attractions can be used up very quickly. Depending how busy the time period is that you are looking at because more people are making FastPasses. The most popular like Flight of Passage and Frozen Ever After can be “sold out” as far as FastPasses on the 60th day out for high attendance periods.
The strategy for Disney Resort Guests to use if you have Must Do attractions, is on your 60th day prior to check in start making FastPasses from the last day of your vacation forward for the most desired attractions. There will be slightly less competition at the end of your vacation than at the beginning.
For an explanation see: Walt Disney World’s FastPass Plus – Creating a Classed Theme Park Society
Please Share your Disney High Tech Trip Report in the comment section below!!!
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See our:
Learn about the Disney Armed Forces Salute the best military discount that there is for Disney. For where to stay see our Resorts/Hotel Overview Page. Disney doesn’t discount dining for the military, but there are a few places on property that do, see the Dining Overview Page to learn where plus more dining info. You can also learn about Transportation Options. Be sure to check out our Technology Overview to learn about Magic Bands and My Disney Experience to see how they work with military tickets. Walt Disney World visitors might be interested in staying at Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort.