Special Info for these Crazy Times:
- Walt Disney World Starting to Discount 2021
- Will There Be a 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discount? When Will Disney Announce a 2021 Salute Room Discount?
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Shades of Green Re-Open at Walt Disney World
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
2020 Disney Dining Plan Overview
For those considering using Walt Disney World’s Disney Dining Plan, here is our overview.
The Disney Dining Plan can only be purchased by guests staying at a Walt Disney World owned/operated hotel. This does not include guests staying at the non-Disney-owned resorts i.e. Shades of Green, the Swan & Dolphin, the International Drive hotels, or the Four Seasons.
There are three different versions of the dining plan: the Quick Service Dining Plan, the Dining Plan (often called the regular dining plan), and the Deluxe Dining Plan.
You must purchase the Dining Plan for all of the nights of your stay for all eligible persons (those 3+) on your room reservation. You can’t do the DDP for just part of your trip and you can’t do it just for some of those in your room, adults, or heavy eaters.
The total price that you pay for the plan you select is converted into “Credits.” As in Quick Service Credit, Table Service Credit, and Snack Credit.
On all three plans each member of the party will receive one refillable resort mug good for use during the length of their package. This may be used for unlimited refills (Only at your resort, Not In The Theme Parks!) of soda fountain items, coffee and tea.
The Quick Service Plan receives:
Two quick service meal credits and two snack credits per person, per night of your package.
2020 – $55.00 per night per adult ages 10+, $26.00 per night per child ages 3 to 9.
The Regular Disney Dining Plan receives:
One quick service meal credit, one table service meal credit, and two snack credits per person, per night of your package:
2020 – $78.01 per night per adult ages 10+, $30.51 per night per child ages 3 to 9.
The Deluxe Disney Dining Plan receives:
Three table service meal credits and two snack credits per person, per night of your package:
2020 – $119.00 per night per adult ages 10+, $47.50 per night per child ages 3 to 9.
FYI: Quick Service equals Counter Service in Disney Speak. Snacks are things like a water/soda bottle, a fountain drink, a piece of fruit, danish, popcorn, candy, Epcot Festival food items, etc.
The table service meal credits may be used on table service or quick service meals, quick service only at quick service.
- One Quick Service meal is an entrée or combo meal and a beverage
- One Table Service meal is an entrée, dessert (lunch and dinner only), or full buffet and a beverage
During meals, everyone may order a non-alcoholic beverage (including specialty beverages where offered) or those 21+ may opt for a single serving mixed cocktail, beer, or wine (where offered) instead.
Some Fine Dining locations and Character meals cost 2 Table Service Credits!
Credits may be used on any day (from check in, until midnight on the check out day) in any order/any amount per day that you desire.
You can also read the 11 Reasons Why I Don’t Recommend the DDP
What About You?
Are you a fan of the DDP? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comment section below!
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter
Read about the Temporary Changes to Disney World during their Post-Lockdown Re-OpeningSee Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!