Special Info for these Crazy Times:
- Walt Disney World Starting to Discount 2021
- Will There Be a 2021 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discount? When Will Disney Announce a 2021 Salute Room Discount?
- Our Return to Walt Disney World
- Shades of Green Re-Open at Walt Disney World
- Planning and Executing Your Walt Disney World Vacation During These Trying Times
- Using the Walt Disney World Theme Park Reservation System
- Military Ticket Sales Resume
- 2020 Disney Armed Forces Salute Room Discounts Are Back
On our Return Trip to Walt Disney World we stopped by Shades of Green to check out what’s happening.
Our recent trip was the end of August/beginning of September 2020. It was our first trip of the year (we had 2 cancelled trips in the spring) and first trip after all of the special measures that have been put in place this year.
Like thinks at Disney World, Shades of Green seemed to have very low occupancy. This is understandable due to travel restrictions that are still in place for some military members.
We are used to seeing people all over the resort as we walk around, in the common areas, enjoying the pools, and generally all over.
We saw very few people (guests or staff). there were about 6 people in 2 parties at the ticket office, 3 people in the lobby, and about 6 or 7 in the AAFES Store. And we probably saw less that 10 staff while there.
Changes and Closures
There have been a few changes and closures at Shades of Green.
Masks are of course required at all times outside your room.
The biggest changes affect dining.
The following restaurants are closed for the time being:
During this time Manginos is open for all 3 meals of the day. Breakfast 7-11 a.m. Lunch 11:30 a.m.-4 p.pm Dinner 5-10 p.m. Mangino’s Bistro To Go pickup service is available during all meals. And unlike Disney Room Service is available for just breakfast and dinner. Meal delivery will be “no touch” the food will be wheeled to your room door on a cart. You take it off the cart and the server departs.
See Mangino’s updated Menus:
The Java Cafe remains open 6 a.m.- 10 p.m.
QR Codes are in effect for dining menus here just like WDW>
The Alamo Car Rental Counter is abandoned.
The Mill Pond, or Mickey Pool is Open 10am – 4pm.
The Magnolia Pool is open 4pm – 10pm . This is the “quite” pool located on the west side of the Magnolia Wing.
Attraction Ticket Office
There are changes at the Ticket Office too.
Only 2 guests are allowed at the ticket counter per agent.
And the Virtual Queue sign in has been moved to the hallway by the AAFES Store.
The Attraction Ticket Office continues to sell tickets long distance for your convenience.
Rest of the Resort
As you move around the resort you’ll see some social distancing signed and markers on the floor, but nowhere as over the top as Disney! You’ll also hear a social distancing/mask message over the PA repeatedly.
Shades Buses are running. We saw them all over property and at their designated pickup areas at the parks.
That’s a Wrap
That’s what’s going on at Shades of Green.
Let us know if you have any questions or comments in the comment section below!
Information on Shades of Green the Military Hotel on Disney World property
See all the current Shades of Green Discounts and Packages
A Special Note on Shades of Green Discounts: Something to be aware of is that Shades constantly changes the dates and discounts offered of their specials and packages.Shades of Green Links
- Shades of Green
- Military Members Review and Rate Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Rooms
- Shades of Green Room Rates
- Disney Tickets at Shades of Green
- Links to Everything Shades of Green
- Shades of Green Blog Tour
- Magic Bands for Shades of Green Guests
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? Get Our Email Newsletter See Our Great Disney Discount and Planning Info:
- Disney Veteran & Military Discount Eligibility Guide
- The Military Family’s Walt Disney World Comprehensive Vacation Planning and Preparation Guide
- Military Disney Tips Disney Packing Checklist
- Disney Military Tickets – Your Start to Finish Guide
- Resorts/Hotel Overview Page
- Dining Overview Page
- Transportation Overview Page
- Technology Overview Page
- Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort
Military Disney Tips' Recommended Disney Travel Agent
Ears of Experience Disney Only Travel Agency. Military family owned and operated! They know all the ins and outs of Disney military discounts!