Here are the Trop Three Military Tickets for Disney’s Theme Parks
In full disclosure, there are the only three…
Number 1 – Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets
The Disney Armed Forces Salute offers special highly discounted military tickets. These tickets are for a specified number of days and come in several varieties.
Because they are discounted so much they have many rules that go along with their use.
Qualified individuals may purchase up to a maximum of 6* theme park tickets per military member during the 2018 Salute offer period.
These tickets are non-refundable.
The tickets are valid for the entire length of the offer period,
- 2018 Disney Armed Forces Salute – 1 January through 19 December 2018
The days on the tickets do not need to be used consecutively. Any days left on the tickets will expire at the end of the offer period.
Tickets purchased at military ticket offices (except Shades of Green) and not direct from Disney must be activated prior to first use in person by the military member or spouse.
Once the tickets are activated the party can split up. For example some go to one park and some to another, or even use the tickets on different days. The Military ID is checked only upon ticket activation.
See our Ticket Activation Guide
Walt Disney World in Orlando Florida
At Disney World the Disney Armed Forces Salute tickets are 4 or 5-day lengths and they come in two types:
- The theme Park Hopper Option, which allows you to visit multiple parks on the same day
- The Park Hopper Plus Option, which allows 4 entrances to a variety of non-theme Park Disney venues in addition to your 4 theme park days
Disney World 2018 Armed Forces Salute Prices (Valid through 19 December 2018)
- Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $226.00
- Four-Day Park Hopper PlusTickets for $266.00
- Five-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $246.00
- Five-Day Park Hopper Plus Tickets for $286.00
See this page for what is included in the Park Hopper Plus
Disneyland in Anaheim California
At Disneyland you have two lengths of ticket in 2018.
Disneyland 2018 Armed Forces Salute Prices(Valid through 19 December 2018)
- Three-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $168.00
- Four-Day Park Hopper Tickets for $188.00
Blockout dates (Dates that these tickets may not be used):
- 23 March through 8 April 2018
At Disneyland Salute Tickets are not valid for Magic Morning early entry admission.
See our Disney Armed Forces Salute Page for full Disney Armed Forces Salute rules and exceptions.
Number 2 – Regular Military Discounted Disney Tickets
These tickets are identical to the general public Disney Magic Your Way Tickets at Walt Disney World and Theme Park Admission Tickets at Disneyland Resort but at a reduced military rate. Note these Regularly Military Discounted Tickets had a price increase in February 2018, making the Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets an even better discount if they will work for your party.
How Much Do These Tickets Save You?
The savings offered by these tickets are nowhere as good as those offered by the Armed Forces Salute tickets, which is why they are often forgotten. These tickets will only save you anywhere from 4 to 8 percent off of what the general public pays at the Disney theme park gates for the same ticket (depending on the number of days and options you desire).
Why would You Want These Tickets?
They range in length from 1 to 10 days at Disney World and 1 to 5 days at Disneyland and they come with or without options (Park Hopping or Water Park Fun & More)
There are several reasons why you might want or need to purchase these tickets.
- A One Day Disney Trip
- One-Day Military Discounted Disney Tickets are less than the Armed Forces Salute tickets. For two days or more the AFS tickets are cheaper.
- Longer Disney Trips
- For stays over 6 to 8 days, some types of these Military Discounted Disney Tickets can be cheaper than using back to back Armed Forces Salute Tickets.
- Large Parties
- Disney allows only 6 Armed Forces Salute Tickets per military member (with exceptions for larger immediate families). If you have a large party who are not all your dependents, then you’ll need to buy these to have enough tickets.
- Your allotment of Armed Forces Salute Tickets is used up
- There is a maximum of 6 Armed Forces Salute tickets allowed per military member during each individual Salute Offer’s timeframe. If you’ve used yours up for the specific offer in question the regular military discount tickets are your next best option.
- You want to go to the Disney parks on days the Armed Forces Salute tickets are Blocked Out.
- There are days on which the AFS tickets are not valid
Number 3 – Shades of Green Stars and Stripes Tickets
This option is only available at Walt Disney World!
Stars and Stripes Tickets are available only to those staying at Shades of Green or any resort on Walt Disney World property. These tickets are good if you want to visit the parks every day of your visit and also would like to visit some of the other recreation options available (an option you’d pay extra for on the Magic your way Ticket). They are available in 2 through 10 day increments. Note these Stars and Stripes Tickets had a price increase in February 2018, making the Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets an even better discount if they will work for your party.
Stars and Stripes Tickets offer admission for the specified number of days to the Magic Kingdom Park, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park, as well as Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, and Disney’s Wide World of Sports Complex (some events require an additional admission charge).
A Military Identification Card or Department of Defense Identification Card and resort I.D. must be presented at time of puchase.
- Number of days must match your length of stay.
- All days must be used consecutively.
- Includes Park Hopping + the Water Park Fun & More Options.
- Miniature Golf not inclueded.
See our Stars and Stripes Ticket Page for More Information.
Where Can You Get All of These Tickets?
Disney Armed Forces Salute
You can buy the Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets at your Base Information Ticket and Travel Office, the Shades of Green Ticket Office, the Orlando ITT, Disney World Ticket and Guest Services locations (with tax added), and at Disneyland Hotels, Ticket and Guest Services locations.
Regular Military Discounted Disney Tickets
Not at Disney, These tickets are not for sale at Walt Disney World or Disneyland ticket windows. You must buy them from a Military Reseller on a military installation.
At your Base Information Ticket and Travel Office which carry a variety of military discounted tickets, both for Disney and other venues.
Bases do not always carry a full complement of these Regular Military discounted Tickets. Because they might not have the type ticket you want in stock you should check at least 3 or 4 weeks prior to the date you want to have your tickets in hand so they can have time to order the kind you want if necessary. Note: Some bases may not be willing to order tickets…
A full complement of Military Discounted Disney World Magic Your Way Tickets is available at Shades of Green, the military owned and operated resort on Walt Disney World property. If your base can’t get what you want, Shades will have it.
Stars and Stripes Tickets
These tickets are only available from the Shades of Green Ticket Office.
Dont live near a Base or Ticket Office?
Camp Pendleton and Shades of Green will sell you these tickets via phone and FedEx.
Planning a Disney Trip? Want to get the best military discounts that are available? Feeling a little confused? See our:
Learn about the Disney Armed Forces Salute the best military discount that there is for Disney. For where to stay see our Resorts/Hotel Overview Page. Disney doesn’t discount dining for the military, but there are a few places on property that do, see the Dining Overview Page to learn where plus more dining info. You can also learn about Transportation Options. Be sure to check out our Technology Overview to learn about Magic Bands and My Disney Experience to see how they work with military tickets. Walt Disney World visitors might be interested in staying at Shades of Green, WDW’s Military Only Resort.